AS350Driver

Old Bridge USPSA 1-22-12

It really did help my first time around being with the NJGF crew. Guys like Maksim, Ronny, Marlon, Nick, Luis, Harry, and the rest of the gang does help you ease your transition into your first match. I can't imagine coming there and not shooting. Don't make this sound like we're forcing you but we know how it feels. Once you see the match, you'll regret not doing it yourself. I still remember my first match, it was one of the biggest thrills I've ever experienced. Just my 2 cents

That really does look like fun. Plus it is really similar to our shoot and move training at work. When I shoot it wil probably be with my xd 3.8 compact .45. If they ever send my gear up gear I should have enough stuff

Yup, other than a safety briefing and a quick rundown on the rules it's the style of shooting will be old hat to you.

Cool, now you're talking,by the way how'd she shoot last night in Bayonne?

Yup, other than a safety briefing and a quick rundown on the rules it's the style of shooting will be old hat to you.

Cool, now you're talking,by the way how'd she shoot last night in Bayonne?

She shot great. Fantastic gun. Ate all ammo I gave it including ray ray's budget special Tula. Can't wait to shoot it some more. But I got bit by the 1911 bug. The SA tigger feels so much better to me. Maybe the scorpion will be the match gun.

She shot great. Fantastic gun. Ate all ammo I gave it including ray ray's budget special Tula. Can't wait to shoot it some more. But I got bit by the 1911 bug. The SA trigger feels so much better to me. Maybe the scorpion will be the match gun.

1911 would be perfect if you have a holster and mag holder, while optional on the mag holders it does help. If it's a single stack, they have a separate division for them. Good to hear she ate all the ammo you feed her, nothing worse than a picky gun.

You want to feel a decent trigger, wait to you see some of the guns the people have there, mine is a CZ 75 TS with about a 2lb trigger and it's nice, but I have felt other trigger's that were a lot nicer, bit then again, mine is a factory trigger and the other had trigger jobs..

Couple of questions about this style competition.

1) How much ammo do you need to bring with you on average?

2) The only handgun I own is an xd9...would this be okay? Would the mag holder and holster that came with it be sufficient or would you recommend upgrading the holster?

3) These happen once a month? Probably can't make it this weekend but would love to try it out maybe next month.

4) This will probably sound like a stupid question but how do you know you hit the targets. The steel ones are easy to tell but the cardboard ones have a bunch of holes in them already. It was hard for me to tell from the video.

Couple of questions about this style competition.

1) How much ammo do you need to bring with you on average?

2) The only handgun I own is an xd9...would this be okay? Would the mag holder and holster that came with it be sufficient or would you recommend upgrading the holster?

3) These happen once a month? Probably can't make it this weekend but would love to try it out maybe next month.

4) This will probably sound like a stupid question but how do you know you hit the targets. The steel ones are easy to tell but the cardboard ones have a bunch of holes in them already. It was hard for me to tell from the video.

I usually bring 300 rounds but I also bring a lot home, better to have too much than not enough is my thought.

If it covers the trigger you should be good, but you might want to post a pic of it to get verification being I am not sure what the one you have looks like. Others may chime in also.

At OBRPC it's the 4th Sunday of the month every month.

9mm is harder to see but you most of the time you can make out where you hit, well let me say it's easy to watch other as they shoot and see hit, but for some reason as you're shooting not as easy. Also some targets are close range other are lfurther out so it does vary if you can see the hit, but not impossible.

So basically it's up to the shooter to determine whether or not the target is hit?

The holster does cover the trigger. Might just be the excuse I was looking for to pick up a nice holster though

Thanks for the replies guys

After your done shooting the stage they will score the targets, you will know then what hits you got. :icon_mrgreen:

So basically it's up to the shooter to determine whether or not the target is hit?

LOL, I wish. Targets are scored and taped between competitors. Your holster is fine. How many mags and mag pouches do you have?

Most local USPSA matches run betwwen 110 to 170 rounds, with Old Bridge at the upper end as they usually run 7 stages.

USPSA is also shot the first Saturday of the month at Shongum and the second Sunday of the month at Central Jersey.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

One the first things that action shooting games teach you is to call your shots, ie: being able to tell if you hit and where based on where your sights were when the trigger broke. The only times I look at a target for my hits is when I have to take a head shot at relatively close range, otherwise you learn to trust your sights and your trigger finger, you don't have time to look at the paper while you are shooting.

I have 3 mags. 2 10 rounders and 1 15 rounder. I have one mag holder that holds two extra mags. Really interested in trying this out. I've really only shot paper up until monday and the bug has hit me to try some new things.

You should be mostly fine, although if you can find a couple of extra mags between now and then at a local store you will be better off. You might be able to find someone at the match to lend you one or two, we are friendly that way.

One the first things that action shooting games teach you is to call your shots, ie: being able to tell if you hit and where based on where your sights were when the trigger broke. The only times I look at a target for my hits is when I have to take a head shot at relatively close range, otherwise you learn to trust your sights and your trigger finger, you don't have time to look at the paper while you are shooting.

Vlad, I wish I could simply trust my sights and hand! I try to line-up the rear sights and front sight in the center of the target but I think Ray Ray is standing somehwere with the worlds strongest electromagnet and making my bullets go elsewhere.................

I would get a 5 with one bullet and then a miss with another for a net score of -5. I scored the same as a VERY good shooter in a qualifier and he shot one of four parts of the darn stage!

It is called experience and learning, you'll get there, and the action shooting sports are the best place to learn it. Having that timer add pressure is the best motivator to get better. That and your friends pointing and laughing :) Just kidding, we are actually very friendly and welcome new shooters and pass out hints and the like.

That really does look like fun. Plus it is really similar to our shoot and move training at work. When I shoot it wil probably be with my xd 3.8 compact .45. If they ever send my gear up gear I should have enough stuff

If you need it I have 6 13rnd xdm .45 mags and an extra xdm 45 mag pouch if you want to borrow it, Ill be shooting my xdm 9.

I don't care how horrible I shoot on Sunday. I won't care if i'm last place for 10 matches. I'm shooting, having fun, freezing my balls off, and bs'ing with good people sure as hell beats work any day.. can't wait.

Are they limiting the number of people again? I'd hate to register and then not be able to make it.

I told myself I was going to start this in the spring but, well, it looks like it might be a decent day weather wise. If I can get the sights worked out on my M&P I'd like to come out this week and give it a try.

Still thinking about the October match when I came to watch. You guys were so right, I should have come prepared.

It is called experience and learning, you'll get there, and the action shooting sports are the best place to learn it. Having that timer add pressure is the best motivator to get better. That and your friends pointing and laughing :) Just kidding, we are actually very friendly and welcome new shooters and pass out hints and the like.

You and Rosey were very helpful that night. I will keep trying, eventually I will get ALL the shots on target. Next time I am ignoring the timer. What's that saying: "Can't miss fast enough". :)

Are they limiting the number of people again? I'd hate to register and then not be able to make it.

I told myself I was going to start this in the spring but, well, it looks like it might be a decent day weather wise. If I can get the sights worked out on my M&P I'd like to come out this week and give it a try.

Still thinking about the October match when I came to watch. You guys were so right, I should have come prepared.

The website didn't say they were. If you think you can make it register, and come out and join us.

A side note for anyone that might be a little short on equipment I have mags and pouches for a 1911 if anyone would like to use them, just pm me and i'll bring them with me.

The website didn't say they were. If you think you can make it register, and come out and join us.

A side note for anyone that might be a little short on equipment I have mags and pouches for a 1911 if anyone would like to use them, just pm me and i'll bring them with me.

Too late, it's full. 77 shooter limit.

You and Rosey were very helpful that night. I will keep trying, eventually I will get ALL the shots on target. Next time I am ignoring the timer. What's that saying: "Can't miss fast enough". :)

Mike, We can hit the Range together during the week if you some time next week, we can do some shooting, I have a CED timer so that will get you used to hearing the beep, practice your draw, time to first shot and overall time etc. Be good practice, while not the same as a match environment, it still get you used to shooting while you know you are being timed.

I think I am going to pick up some real Steel Stands, John S when he cam by the pit where we were made fun of my stands I made even though they worked well for the whole day on MLK day, they didn't look too hot, I agree, and I need something that will take less room for transport anyway, so John and I will be talking real soon about stands I think..