blksheep

GSG 5 fans?

Who has one of these fantastically fun guns. I love mine. I have had it about a year now and just after Christmas replaced the stock and forend with a real HK MP5 stock set from rrages.com and what a difference it makes. I havent had any issues with it running except when I place my support hand on the mag when shooting. That is a bad habit I have.

For some reason the GSG didn't do it for me. It was pretty fun for the time I had it, but then I sold it to a buddy. Plus it was a pain to fully strip, eff that stupid clamshell design.]

It's not too bad since every time I wanna shoot it, my friend brings it with him when we go shooting.

RRages is your friend if you have a GSG. The screw kit is a MUST, the HK stock set gives a whole different feel to the gun, and Promag 10-rounders can be easily converted to 15's One tip with the pro-mags though DO locktite the screw and nut that hold the thumb block onto the magazine follower, they can and do loosen up if you shoot it a lot. So far mine has eaten every single type of ammo i've put in it, even Eley subsonics and Aguila 60 Gr subsonics...and it loves Federal bulk pack. A couple of other good places are COmbat Optical, Cope's, and this place http://www.robertrtg.com/mp5.html has a lot of MP-5 parts as well.

GSG-5-01-1.jpg

I've got one, the 522 SD as well. I enjoy shooting it, it's a fun little gun. I have a knockoff 4x ACOG style scope on mine, and it's pretty accurate.

I do hate the stock on it, and I do plan to get that replaced sometime soon. I wish I had the first generation (HK style) pistol grip on mine, but that's nitpicking. I do enjoy shooting it, and thankfully I have a few spare mags for it now. I do need to figure out how to modify the factory mags to 15rds...

Mine is just fine with bulk Golden Bullets, Federal bulk (blue box 500rd in 50rd boxes), CCI MiniMags and Stingers. I've tried a bunch of different ammo, even CCI subsonic (710fps) rounds (had to manually cycle em, but it seems like a real suppressed rifle :D), and it has liked everything except the Federal 36gr copper hollow point 525rd boxes...which are horrible in all 4 of my .22s

I've got one, the 522 SD as well. I enjoy shooting it, it's a fun little gun. I have a knockoff 4x ACOG style scope on mine, and it's pretty accurate.

I do hate the stock on it, and I do plan to get that replaced sometime soon. I wish I had the first generation (HK style) pistol grip on mine, but that's nitpicking. I do enjoy shooting it, and thankfully I have a few spare mags for it now. I do need to figure out how to modify the factory mags to 15rds...

Mine is just fine with bulk Golden Bullets, Federal bulk (blue box 500rd in 50rd boxes), CCI MiniMags and Stingers. I've tried a bunch of different ammo, even CCI subsonic (710fps) rounds (had to manually cycle em, but it seems like a real suppressed rifle :D), and it has liked everything except the Federal 36gr copper hollow point 525rd boxes...which are horrible in all 4 of my .22s

Go to Ar15.com, click on the button for "Armory" Scroll down to the "GSG-5" forum.... ohh hell. i left the link cold, but cut and past this http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_41/244302_GSG_Mods___Firing_Pin__Mags__Buffer_Stop__Screw_Replacement__Fake_Can__Laser__Lowers.html into your browser. there is a section in there with instructions on how to use an Airsoft MP-5 trigger pacl (and sources) and jsut slip the GSG trigger assembly in. I was hesitant about getting one, until i actually had it in my hands at Arms-n-ammo bought it on the spot.

I have the older HK style GSG. The stock from rrages feels amazing. The regular stock is terrible compared to the HK stock. rrages has modified 15 round mags listed on his web site. Havent tried them yet but may plan on getting them.

$35.00 for the converted to 15 rounders from Rrages, and $25 for a pro-mag 10 rounder from combat optics....ETA: that is VERY easily fixed to 15 rounds

I hava had the original for several years. The screw upgrade is a must, and you need loctite (blue) for the screws. I run a 4x illuminated scopr from RRages and a green laser with pressure switch. Mine likes CCI mini-mags. What was difference with the stock? I am interested.

$35.00 for the converted to 15 rounders from Rrages, and $25 for a pro-mag 10 rounder from combat optics....ETA: that is VERY easily fixed to 15 rounds

Pro-mag's have weaker springs than the OEM GSG mags which can lead to a lot of misfeeds as the rounds don't always get pushed up to the proper feed angle. I 'upgraded' all the springs in my pro-mag 15 rounders to OEM springs and significantly reduced the misfeeds.

So factor replacing springs into your decision as well.

Pro-mag's have weaker springs than the OEM GSG mags which can lead to a lot of misfeeds as the rounds don't always get pushed up to the proper feed angle. I 'upgraded' all the springs in my pro-mag 15 rounders to OEM springs and significantly reduced the misfeeds.

So factor replacing springs into your decision as well.

Hmm..Havent seen that particular problem..my promags actually run better than a couple of my GSG mags, maybe i got lucky, the only problem I had is the thumb-thingy (Technical gunsmith term ;) ) on one of my promags came loose, and i cant seem to replace the dang thing...Needless to say they came apart and got loctite on all my other mags.