deadeye74

Applying for additional pistol permits

if you always use the same 2. It becomes easier for the town just to grease the ways. I had lacey down to 2 weeks for PPs. Now I moved 3 miles to Berkeley and wait 4 months.

Don't forget to buy them lunch! LOL

Doning one better than that.. Both are coming as guest to the range with me once the weather gets a little warmer. One guy isn't a gun owner but is now interested in coming to the range. I'm buying the ammo and going to convert him :) .

The references, or your PD? LOL

LOL I actually can't complain about my PD. My initial paperwork took about 5 weeks for FPID and 2 Pistol permits, and there wasn't any additional information requested other than the basic forms. Compared to others I have heard about, I would say they are on their A game here.

Does anyone know if you apply for additional permits within 30 days of your initial ones issued if you have to go through the whole process again, state check, references etc? Or is there any restrictions for going back to get more too quickly?

Thanks!

You will most likely fill out a new application, mental health form and yellow SBI-212A form. The references are a required field on the application. However, they may not be contacted by the PD.

Does anyone know if you apply for additional permits within 30 days of your initial ones issued if you have to go through the whole process again, state check, references etc? Or is there any restrictions for going back to get more too quickly?

Thanks!

Depends. In my case, my local PD was so damn slow, I was able to call and get my (1) permit changed to (4) permits, without any hassle. I'd assume it depends on how far along in the process you're original submission may be.

Depends. In my case, my local PD was so damn slow, I was able to call and get my (1) permit changed to (4) permits, without any hassle. I'd assume it depends on how far along in the process you're original submission may be.

I hate to be the guy who gets asked "So Mr. Why do you need 4 handguns?" by the investigator. LOL

Why should it matter????? By the way,, It doesn't...

+1

One of my references, the guy who's been a hunter all of his adult life asked me why I wanted more pistol permits. I explained to him that it was how you have to play the game if you want to purchase pistols. He's only had rifles, slug guns, and shot guns in his collection, and never realized that pistols were such a pain in the a** to add to your collection!

I hate to be the guy who gets asked "So Mr. Why do you need 4 handguns?" by the investigator. LOL

No problem here. I was never questioned. Even better than that is that the women told be that based on the 30-day purchase limit + 90-day permit limit + the fact I asked for (4), that it was guarenteed that at least one of them will have to be extended. She just said to bring it in a week or two before it expires.

Maybe you should ask "why do we need permits, fingerprinting, pay $18, take off from work and get treated like a criminal in order to to fulfill a right that I am granted"?

Well, maybe you should save that for another time...

No problem here. I was never questioned. Even better than that is that the women told be that based on the 30-day purchase limit + 90-day permit limit + the fact I asked for (4), that it was guarenteed that at least one of them will have to be extended. She just said to bring it in a week or two before it expires.

That's very sweet of her. If only other towns were that cooperative.