randomhero

Wilson Combat Border Patrol Shotgun

isn't it essentially a reworked 870? for about the same price i think you can get a nighthawk tactical which is essentially the same but it has a vang comp ported barrel. i've read great things about both.

what do you plan on using it for? i'd imagine for most uses, a standard 870 express will do everything either of the two i mentioned will do, but it's nice to spend more money. sometimes its just knowing its that slight amount better.

Ive read a few articles about them, and alot of "reviews" which tend to be from people who dont own one and havent fired them, saying similiar they are a reworked 870. I dont really know enough about guns to understand how much that reworking improves the gun etc. Plan to use for HD, some fun at range. Its going to be the gun I own forever and pass down to family someday so don't mind spend the extra money for something that is extra quality. But dont know enough to make that determination on my own yet

As far as I'm concerned, the 870 and 500 are two of the best pump shotguns you can get for the money. They're just flat out, dead reliable guns. Unless you want something nobody else has, and you've got money overflowing your bank account....get an 870 or 500 if you want a pump.

The 870 as is will do whatever you ask. BUT, if your looking for something special then go for it. Although if I did get one of these it would be a safe queen and the stock 500 will still sit in my closet.

You can also look Into the 870p, there a higher quality 870, we have a few at work and I love them, shooting rifled slugs out of a smooth bore barrel at 50 yards and dead on. They come with ghost sights and a hand built reciever. I hope I helped

The 870 police is nice.

When I got the spare cash and I'm in the market for another shotgun that's what I'm buying, trigger is smooth light and crisp, the action is so fluent and easy, very easy to combat load, and accurate as Hell. And ours get used atleast every 6 months with atleast 10 users and there just awesome

I would suggest buying a bone stock Wilson shotgun (I'd suggest 870 or 500 but that's me and most other people) and then spend the money to do what YOU want to be done.

I don't like a lot of those fancy schmancy modded-out guns, for the simple fact that I might want some of 'those' things but I don't want some of

'these' things. You get my drift?

Example - a modded out AR. So you want a rail and you want BUS, but the gun also has this this and this. What if you don't want this this and this? You might as well buy a stock AR, for cheaper, and just install what you want. It's customized towards you, instead of customized for the Borer Patrol.

Edit: And $1k!? Damn. I'd much rather go with a 590A1 with some little things done to it.

It's kinda the same as any gun. Im totally happy with my stock sig. But if I sent them to grayguns they would be better obviously. But is that "better" worth the money. Im sure a blueprinted action operates much more smoothly but that doesn't mean that the stock is bad. I tend to like to waste money on stuff that exceeds my personal ability. I'd personally go for it. But that's just me