Phillies

Sureshot or Brick Armory Gun Range?

I normally go shoorting at Fort Dix but I wanted to try out an indoor range. I know there is the Sureshot range and the new Brick Armory range. Anyone one of these better? Do either of them offer a LEO disount for a one day range fee or just for memberships?

Shore Shot has deals for leo's and forum members. So the fact that your a forum member will at least get you an hour of range time for $10 plus member pricing on ammo.

Shore Shot is way better than brick armory. BA has ripped lots of people off and most of us stay away from the place.

Most people will say Shoreshot. Like you, I am also a member of Dix, but when I shoot indoors, I usually go to BA.

One, because I personally have never had an issue there, walk in, sign paper, go shoot.

Two, because I HATE waiting to shoot and there usually isnt one at BA (unlike SS where I have NEVER been able to just walk on without waiting)

Three, because BA is better ventilated. I feel like I breathe in less carcinogens BA.

I know what I said may not be popular here, but for me personally, as long as I am treated right I'll still use BA. Especially considering the lack of wait time...

Most people will say Shoreshot. Like you, I am also a member of Dix, but when I shoot indoors, I usually go to BA.

One, because I personally have never had an issue there, walk in, sign paper, go shoot.

Two, because I HATE waiting to shoot and there usually isnt one at BA (unlike SS where I have NEVER been able to just walk on without waiting)

Three, because BA is better ventilated. I feel like I breathe in less carcinogens BA.

I know what I said may not be popular here, but for me personally, as long as I am treated right I'll still use BA. Especially considering the lack of wait time...

I believe it depends on when you choose to go, I'm off on Tuesdays and some Fridays and in the year I've been shooting at SS, I have yet to wait for a port. Can't speak for weekends when shooters as far away as the Bronx apparently show or late nights when clubs and members shoot however. As for the safety, I was gently but firmly reminded of the rules when I first began going and have not witnessed any infractions since.

Do you need a card or something ? Do they ask for proof? (do you need to be a premium member?) sorry figured I'd get all my question's out in one shot

Tell them you are a NJGF member. Tell them your user name. Sometimes they check. Sometimes they don't.

I like ba better I feel like the employees at Ss are always condescending and if you take a female with you she shoots free (tomorrow night) they have ladies night once a month now from 7-10.

I don't see it...You would be hard pressed to find anyone more clueless as myself even after the basic NRA course when I first started going there.Signed up,accepted some friendly tips and hints from the RO's,shopped around,asked questions,held a lot of guns and not once did I feel I was being talked down to by the staff. Perhaps because I admitted I was a new shooter and was open to any and all suggestions as opposed to a more experienced shooter who may have had a different slant on the staff?
  • Like 1

Shore Shot is #1.

+NJGF discount

+Dont charge extra for using long arms( shotgun or rifle).

Agreed! Shore Shot is IMO the best public indoor range in NJ. I usually go in the morning so I have never had to wait to shoot. The range officers are all great guys especially Phil and safety is their top concern.

I have been to Brick Armory a few times and will not go back even if I could shoot there for free.

+1. as long as you have the right expectations, i preffer BA (before RTSP opened much closer)

+1. as long as you have the right expectations, i preffer BA (before RTSP opened much closer)

Who and where is "RTSP?"

Plus I've been in another thread and upon asking how SS knows I'm a forum member (for all the discounts) others chimed in that there really aren't any discounts at all, which is why no membership proof is required. Go figure?

Who and where is "RTSP?"

Plus I've been in another thread and upon asking how SS knows I'm a forum member (for all the discounts) others chimed in that there really aren't any discounts at all, which is why no membership proof is required. Go figure?

New range in Randolph. Forum supporter. See vendor section for directions pricing etc

I shoot at brick they do a Leo discount, let you star from a holster, shoot whatever you want, and rapid fire. I have yet to have ant issuers there unlike ss

SO BA lets you use a holster? How about SS? Can you holster there too?

You can I was told, they don't let you rapid fire thought. So body armour.checks are out of question. If u own a rifle and use ss u have to use frangible ammo brick u can shoot what ever, a guy was shooting a 50 cal desert eagle at brick the other day. My favorite thing is if.its dead they let me kill the lights and do simulated night fire. Only thing they ask is center fire rifle ammo be shot at targets 25 yards away, which isn't that much of a pain in the but. I.hope I.helped

Who and where is "RTSP?"

Tell them you are a NJGF member. Tell them your user name. Sometimes they check. Sometimes they don't.

Normal walk on price is $20. They charge $10 for forum members. Kyle also said in another thread that he would give forum members, member pricing on ammo if you choose to get it there.