Red Solo Cup

Did you watch Doomsday Preppers last night?

A goo(d) thing to keep in mind when prepping is that you cannot prep for everything.

That about sums it up. I would still like to see a more competent prepper in an urban environment -- even though if it's a week or two hole up. Megan was too much of a fruit loop to take serious.

Wonder who is the lucky boyfriend? :-)

Apparently, the new boyfriend is the Army.

I agree that a remote area will be better but happens if the SHTF scenario keeps you and your family from traveling to your bug out location?

That is my main concern as well. What if they close down the bridges in NJ? At what point do I "bug out"? I guess when I start to sense it is too dangerous? Store up fuel enough for two cars to get you a few hundred miles at the very least. I feel I have done my job with protection, food, water, power supply and fuel but lack a plan for where, when and with whom. Any suggestions?

BTW, my main concern beyond the obvious is getting out of this state. You have no choice having to go over a bridge unless you go up to NY state. As corrupt as this state is I would not take the "bridge" scenario lightly. BTW, I am amazed that my life has come down to being concerned about this stuff, but I guess facing the outside possibility that it could happen is better than denial. Additionally I have a wife and three children that I feel responsible for and I take it seriously.

That is my main concern as well. What if they close down the bridges in NJ? At what point do I "bug out"? I guess when I start to sense it is too dangerous? Store up fuel enough for two cars to get you a few hundred miles at the very least. I feel I have done my job with protection, food, water, power supply and fuel but lack a plan for where, when and with whom. Any suggestions?

BTW, my main concern beyond the obvious is getting out of this state. You have no choice having to go over a bridge unless you go up to NY state. As corrupt as this state is I would not take the "bridge" scenario lightly. BTW, I am amazed that my life has come down to being concerned about this stuff, but I guess facing the outside possibility that it could happen is better than denial. Additionally I have a wife and three children that I feel responsible for and I take it seriously.

Just remember kids are great in survival situations, just depends on how you cook'em.

the dallas girl had nice tits. she was put in the show to offer a young female perspective, also one from a prepper on a budget. most all the others shown were retired or independently wealthy somehow. the amount of land, gear, food, etc. stored is WAY beyond the price range of anyone who works for a living. the dallas girl was there for the working class apartment dwellers perspective.

the show was good, i liked it and will watch them all. whats most important was how pro-gun the show was. everyone included guns as an absolute must have, including the experts. only the dirty barefoot hippies and liberal new england -probably massachusetts- douchebag family thought they didnt need them. the hairy dirty hippie even said 'if a gang ever comes here wanting our stuff, ill just offer them a meal and a seat at our table and itll change their minds'...........let me know how that works out for you.

Have you ever seen a traffic jam on the ocean? Forget going west, go east and jump on a boat.

Gold and silver? Nah, food, liquor and lead.

whats most important was how pro-gun the show was. everyone included guns as an absolute must have, including the experts. only the dirty barefoot hippies and liberal new england -probably massachusetts- douchebag family thought they didnt need them. the hairy dirty hippie even said 'if a gang ever comes here wanting our stuff, ill just offer them a meal and a seat at our table and itll change their minds'...........let me know how that works out for you.

Best part - "if a gang ever comes here wanting our stuff, ill just offer them a meal and a seat at our table and itll change their minds'...........let me know how that works out for you."

ROFL........... Ahhh, ignorance must be bliss. BTW, what's their address?

Best part - "if a gang ever comes here wanting our stuff, ill just offer them a meal and a seat at our table and itll change their minds'...........let me know how that works out for you."

ROFL........... Ahhh, ignorance must be bliss. BTW, what's their address?

You're right....western Mass....here is her blog http://justincasebook.wordpress.com/author/justincasebook/ looks like she has a couple of books for sale

You're right....western Mass....here is her blog http://justincaseboo...justincasebook/ looks like she has a couple of books for sale

i knew it. had to be from one of the other anti-gun, anti-freedom states. everywhere else? texas, utah, colorado....all free, all american. the one group of hippie douches? massachusetts

i knew it. had to be from one of the other anti-gun, anti-freedom states. everywhere else? texas, utah, colorado....all free, all american. the one group of hippie douches? massachusetts

That one hairy shirtless hippy said he would serve them a banquet and try to enlist their help, but if not he would poison them or slit their throats.

Not that I see it happening, just sayin.

Turns out it was a double header!

Lots more firearms shown this season.

If I had to give one piece of advice it's to the gal Meghan who plans to hike out of Houston.

Get a bicycle and some side bags (panniers?) to push and carry all her stuff.

Take a lesson from the Japanese advance down the Malaysian peninsula in ww2 to capture Singapore..

I loved the guy with the castle made out of shipping containers too.

You don't have to go that far back. Early on most of the stuff coming down the Ho Chi Minh Trail was transported on bicycles. These weren't your typical Schwinn but cargo bikes designed to carry up to 500 lbs or so.

The trail was improved and eventually trucks replaced most but not all the bicycles.

Bicycles were used in warfare since about the Boer War. the Brits had a folding bike for paratroopers in WWII.

I've watched this show and agree with others, they have found people in the lunatic fringe of the prepper community and have edited the program to make the subject families look like…well…lunatics.

That is unfortunate. I tuned into this show in the hopes of learning something. I do believe that it is good to have food, water and necessities (medicine and personal care) in the event that the supply chain is disrupted for any reason. The quantity of the supplies on hand should be able to sustain your family for a reasonable period of time. For me, that is 6 to 10 weeks. I have a generator, extra propane and wood fireplace for cooking if needed (I’m also lucky to have a stream that is within a short walking distance). With that said, I also think it is unreasonable to try to prepare for every possible contingency.

So I do not fit the same profile and purpose as those depicted on the television show. But I do believe I represent the vast majority of people that prep, without considering themselves “preppers”.