Juddster

New 9mm, what to get?

The Glock 19 would be an excellent choice, but there are many.

I would look into a Ruger SR9 or SR9C (smaller grip for kids and newer ones have awesome trigger, especially the SR9C.

The Beretta PX4 compact would also be nice for the kids.

And, I think you might want to consider the new Ruger SR 22 pistol. That would also be a really nice gun for the kids and fun and cheap to shoot.

Here's what I'm banking as being a great 9mm. I just ordered mine and will have it later in the week. I purchased mine from Paul from Arms-n-Ammo. He had the best price in my area and has nothing but great reviews and happy customers.

beretta92a1_1251_detail.jpg

Beretta_92A1_DASA_A-1.jpg

beretta92a1-1.jpg

Here's what I'm banking as being a great 9mm. I just ordered mine and will have it later in the week. I purchased mine from Paul from Arms-n-Ammo. He had the best price in my area and has nothing but great reviews and happy customers.

beretta92a1_1251_detail.jpg

Beretta_92A1_DASA_A-1.jpg

beretta92a1-1.jpg

As the owner of a CZ75b I am really intrigued by the Beretta and can't wait to shoot one simply because I fell in love with the heft and lines of a all steel gun.

I know there are a bunch of topics on here about which gun etc, I figured one more wouldnt hurt! ;) I have 2 PP's that I have to use, I am currently shooting a 1911 45 Springfield TRP. and love it! I would like to get a new 9mm, Im torn between the Sig 226, M&P 9 pro and the PPQ (thanks to wombat) im somewhat interested in a Glock but not crazy about them. Im buying this gun for range practice and for getting my kids into shooting, I usually rent a 9 or revolver when they come to the range. I want something that doesnt kick too bad is fairly cheap to shoot (9mm) yet is accurate and fun to shoot. Any opinions are appreciated!! I would also like to try SJSC or CJRPC possibly as I am considering joining an outdoor range. Thanks in advance for all your input. Judd

Budget?

If you can afford the sig, get the sig, or buy one used. Great handguns.

So are the M&P 9 Pro. I just picked one up, and will shoot it tomorrow. The trigger is far better than the stock, but still fairly heavy at 6.25 lbs or so.

You really cannot go wrong with either. If you want a gun that will last you a long time and will retain its value, get a used Sig.