keithco88

Where can we shoot our .22's???

I've seen some pics of pretty awesome .22's on this forum...but is there a cool place we can shoot these things?

I posted a thread in the "events" section that wasn't getting much traction so I thought I'd try here. I've got a 10/22 that I'd like to make a project gun, but only if I can shoot it at something more than paper targets at a whopping 25 yards. Where do you guys go plinking in NJ? Are there any options besides joining a club?

I'd love to go all hickok45 and just unload on some soda bottles & shoot some steel out to 100 yards (or more!) but for the life of me can't find anything like that besides some cowboy action and skeet spots...and I don't have a lever nor a shotgun. So am I (and we) totally SOL on this angle in the great state of NJ?

I go to Stafford Forge WMA also. The last time I went it was mobbed, I think the weekend of Christmas. Normally it is nice and quiet. Just get a hunting license and make sure you bring it with you to the WMA you visit.

Do all parties needed a hunting licensee our can I get one and bring my dad and brother without a problem. Does it matter if they are nj residents or not?

Thanks for the help...will check out the WMAs

I believe at least one person from your party needs to be a licensed hunter in NJ

How difficult is it to get a NJ hunting license?

Not hard. You watch a video at home and fill out a workbook then you sign up for a field course and written test. Archery is the most difficult and if you have good equipment it's not hard... Rifle, muzzle loader and shotgun are a piece of cake.

Not hard. You watch a video at home and fill out a workbook then you sign up for a field course and written test. Archery is the most difficult and if you have good equipment it's not hard... Rifle, muzzle loader and shotgun are a piece of cake.

So do i need my own shotgun, muzzle loader and archery equipment to get a hunting license?

So do i need my own shotgun, muzzle loader and archery equipment to get a hunting license?

That's was I was getting ready to asked to. As far as long-guns, I have a .22 and a shotgun. I'm assuming I can use one or both of those?

No, you do not need your own gun. If you have one, you can bring it.

Watch the video at home, fill out the practice book, attend a hunter education class (I went to Ft. Dix), shoot 3 rounds they supply out of a shotgun they supply (to prove you can safely handle a gun) and take a written, mutiple guess test.

It was very easy.

The class was mobbed, but it only took a couple hours. They give you a paper that you use to buy your hunting license at a store. Renew every year.

Shoot shotgun, muzzleloader and .22 rifle free at a WMA, 7 days a week, dusk to dawn.

google NJ hunter education.

I just signed up for rifle and shotgun on 3/17 at the millville location.

quick question and sorry for the OT, but for the live fire for rifle and shotgun go you need to have a muzzleloading rifle or will any do? and does it matter that my shotgun no longer has the hunting plug (I know i need it it for hunting)?