is the gun specifically banned by name? NO

is the gun substantially identical as defined by law? NO

is converting the gun from pistol to carbine and then back to pistol again illegal?

as per ATF opinion.. NO..

legal IMO as long as you treat the pistol as per pistol rules.. and rifle as per rifle rules..

meaning if the barrel is threaded.. then a brake must be on there permanently..

no folding stock..

you get the picture..

• Like 1

I love Glocks. That being said, Im not putting that thing on my guns.

I was totally against it as well but then I got thinking..

I hike a lot.. and when I do I carry a Glock.. there is something to be said for taking that piece.. and maybe 50 rounds of ammo.. and leaving it in the car.. or in your pack.. to allow you to quickly go from pistol to carbine should the need arise.. like I said.. I was totally with you.. but I CAN see some practical application..

I was totally against it as well but then I got thinking..

I hike a lot.. and when I do I carry a Glock.. there is something to be said for taking that piece.. and maybe 50 rounds of ammo.. and leaving it in the car.. or in your pack.. to allow you to quickly go from pistol to carbine should the need arise.. like I said.. I was totally with you.. but I CAN see some practical application..

Sure, but for some more coin I get a Keltec running the same mags as my Glock and dont lose my handgun in the process. But I see what you are saying.

Sure, but for some more coin I get a Keltec running the same mags as my Glock and dont lose my handgun in the process. But I see what you are saying.

I think they are hideous.. LOL

but in looking at some of those "survival rifles" I am actually leaning towards this.. have to do some research and see if they are reliable?

THAT is a moped.

If I see you with one on the range I will point and laugh. I will tell my children to do the same.

I fail to see how that conversion is all that ridiculous...

if you live in an area where you can carry a gun it would be so easy to take that whole piece, and a couple 30 round mags and throw them in your pack to keep in the car.. or while hiking..

it would allow you in a moment to go from a handgun to a 16in carbine... a carbine over a pistol has a ton of advantages.. a shoulder fired weapon is more stable... and a 16in barrel is going to increase velocity of the round..also you have the advantage of doing all that without carrying another gun.. if I wanted to leave an "emergency rifle" in my trunk this gets it done.. also I am not risking having an entire working gun stolen from me..

I still don't get how it is "funny" or worth "laughing at" but maybe you can help me find the humor....

They are NJ legal..that isnt an issue...I thought about picking one up just for Giggles, but IMO there are other options for not too much more money that are better in the long run..I'd rather have the Kel-tec and keep my sidearm and have a commonality of magazines, but that's just me.