Sign in to follow this  
grumpy3132

Kimber Eclipse Target 2

I always liked the Kimbers. I had 4 or 5, SOLD THEM ALLLL. Bought real 1911s. Look at the colt gunsite, Baers can be found used. buy a premier II. Great custom made and no problems. JMHO!

I have the Kimber Gold Match II and has gone back to Kimber two times (Failure to feed) and came back with the same issue, about 12 weeks ago I decided to send it to Wilson Combat and is finally coming back on Monday, I'll let you know the outcome. After shipping the gun back to kimber and have work done by Wilson Combat, I think I have spent too much money on it and I should have bought a Wilson Combat or Les Baer to begin with.

I have shot some older Kimbers and they were awesome. I have seen some newer ones, and epic fail. =)

For the Kimber price tag, if you are buying new, I feel you can get a better gun, be it from Smith Wesson Pro Series/Performance Center, STI, Les Baer, etc.

• Like 1

I used to have one, great gun! Shoots great, no issues.

One thing - be super careful with the finish scratches very easily. I also saw one eaten out completely by mold and rust... awful.

I might side with Maksim on this one... Should have gone with STI.

Thanks , guess I did not look into this too well . Looks like I made a mistake in judgement , I put about 500 rounds threw it with only 1 failure to feed . I am using FMJ rounds from different mfgs to see what works better . I heard a lot of bad things about Kimber after I bought It , I guess I'll see what happens ! Let me know how yours works out .