Urban Grunt

Sonic cleaners

Anyone use a Sonic cleaner for brass?

I just tested a Hornady Lock-N-Load Sonic Cleaner using One shot case solution.

I ran the first load at 490 seconds,that's the max clean time.

Brass is .223 which wasn't very dirty to start with,i ran about 100 cases at a time(max is 300 .223)

Primer pockets came out very clean.

ERT.jpg

YUI.jpg

I am impressed with the overall results .

I've used it for pistol rounds but once I started shooting USPSA and Steel matches I couldnt keep up with the small batches and now wet tumble with SS media.

I have used to sonic cleaner for gun parts though. Works awesome.

I thought about getting this cause they claim it takes 10 minutes to clean the brass. But I wondered

how much of a PIA it was to put it in liquid, dry it out, etc etc. Also wondered how much solution you

have to buy. The stuff is not cheap.

Tumblers take a while, however, if you plan it right it really becomes a non-issue.

I was interested in it though for gun cleaning.

I thought about getting this cause they claim it takes 10 minutes to clean the brass. But I wondered

how much of a PIA it was to put it in liquid, dry it out, etc etc. Also wondered how much solution you

have to buy. The stuff is not cheap.

Tumblers take a while, however, if you plan it right it really becomes a non-issue.

I was interested in it though for gun cleaning.

I have the Thumblers tumbler and I use Stainless Steel media. I have a Dillon 650 and a tool head with just a Lee universal decapper die in it. I deprime all my brass before I clean it. As far as how long it takes, well I load up 400 pieces of brass in the tumbler and do it now for 2 hours. Stopping down in my basement while I am doing other things around the house I can do an easy 2K in brass in a day, well a pretty decent day that is. I put each load on a serving tray with a towel on it to air dry and it will be dry the next morning. Yea a little time, but well worth it in my eyes. Also I bet my ECW undersize die appreciates nice cean brass.

The solution costs $20 and is good for up 65 washes. There are home made solutions you can use.

Run time was 490 seconds.

I cut the dry time down by washing in hot water,after 45 mins they seemed to be dry,there are other methods to dry the brass.

I'm not saying this is the perfect cleaner, i'm showing the results that i found.

I use a cheapo HF ultra-sonic cleaner. Since I am a cheap bastard I just a little lemi-shine, joy soap, and really hot water. Brass comes out really clean inside and out. Forget about the expensive stuff and get a cheap bottle of lemishine

I use a cheapo HF ultra-sonic cleaner. Since I am a cheap bastard I just a little lemi-shine, joy soap, and really hot water. Brass comes out really clean inside and out. Forget about the expensive stuff and get a cheap bottle of lemishine

Oh i'm just as cheap as you , home made all the way , this solution i used came with it.

I use lemishine when I tumble my brass. Works awesome.

I use a 40sw case of lemishine with a tablespoon of dawn dish soap with hot, hot water and ss media in my thumblers for cleaning brass. Works beautifully well.

Used to use the ultrasonic cleaner but once I saw the results with the ss media, there is no comparison. US is much faster but the ss makes the cases look brand new.