alec.mc

OBRPC - Steel Shoot - 3/18/12

Preliminary weather reports look to be in the mid 60's for this upcoming steel match at old bridge this sunday the 18th.

Who's coming?

Steel League

Matches are held on the third Sunday of every month, weather permitting. Sign-up is at 8:30 am. Matches start at 9:00 am. You will need 3-4 hours to complete the match, so come prepared.

There are 5 stages of static steel; each stage has five steel plates of varying sizes, with 5 runs at each stage. You will need a minimum of 125 rounds of ammunition. A holster is recommended, but not needed. Expect to use at least 5 magazines or speed loaders.

Semi-auto pistol or revolver; iron & optics sights are ok. Any centerfire pistol round up to 45 ACP or .22 rimfire. No Magnum Rounds.

$5.00 for OBR&PC members with ID card.

$20.00 for Guests and OBR&PC Members without ID card.

Scores can be found @ http://sstschool.webs.com/oldbridgesteelmatchresults.htm when posted.

I'll be there. Got to break in this Trojan.

Is having 5 mags mandatory?

I might wanna try it out but I only have 3.

Deni, come down anyway even if you don't find extra mags to borrow.

I'll speed load for you. Just make sure you squad up with the NJGF group.

I should be there, and Deni if someone doesn't have extra mags for you being the helpful group that we are, I'll designate futool as your personal mag loader... LOL just kidding Nick, we will all help him out as long as we can get a squad together.

Now if I by some miracle happens and I get my P2P's from the PD I might have my Brazos gun with my, but if not, the trusty CZ will be there along with my GSG 1911.

Hmmmm. A year ago there was no question, I'd be going drag racing instead of shooting. Now, I'm 50/50............. I should bring the Beretta CX4 out for a spin and get used to it. Also have the S&W 617 to try out on steel. Yes Ray, it holds too many bullets, but us old guys that can't see anymore need the extra shots to save us from reloading. ;)

So I am a firm possibility for this one!

Nice, i wouldnt mind a mid-month steel match. How does the admission work? I'm not a member so $20 per gun or per person? Can you enter more than one class?

As a non-member, it's 20 dollars per gun. And yes, you can enter more than one class.

It may or may not work out, but any chance anyone that is going to the match would have some extra STI .40 S&W Double stack mags I can borrow.

I may get a shipment tomorrow of the other mags for it, but if that falls through I'd like to see if I had a backup plan. Unfortunately I only have 1 10 round mag that came with the gun at this time.

Gun I plan on shooting is a STI Edge .40S&W.

Anyone???

There will be enough of us to reload the mag while others are painting the steel.

Well it now all depends on 2 things, me getting my mags tomorrow if they arrive, thats a maybe at this time, trying to work out a hold so it doesn't try and get delivered when I know I wont be home, will see how that goes.

Second thing will be I have to work out a new load for the STI.

Going to load up a few tonight after I finish putting my "Unique Tooled Clap Kit" on my Dillon and load up a 100 rounds.

Going to go with for minor loads: Delta Precision 180gr FMJ, 4.0 N320, OAL 1.15... Maybe Crono them tomorrow if I have time and see how they cycle the gun. After she ain't broken in, only tossed about a 100 down range. My Minor load that I had made up for the CZ didn't cycle the gun as well as I would like, They were 180gr FMJ, 3.6 n320, 1.18 OAL.

Either way I'll be there, STI if I have what I need, CZ as a back up if not, Well that and the GSG 1911 also..

not with one 10 round magazine.

you can always start shooting revolver division harry

I have though about that, could shoot the Taurus 94, Have 2 speed loaders and 2 trays with 4 set-up's but still playing around with the Wolf Spring kits, Gun isn't as reliable as I would like for a match just yet.

Only problem with the 94 is I would have to shoot in Pistol Rim-fire, don't think there is a rim-fire revolver division anyway.

Hey, why don't we make a rim-fire revolver division! I will have my 617 there.

How long can it possibly take to shove 6 bullets into the mag while people are painting the plates? There are only 5 plates to shoot at anyway, right? You don't need more than 6 shots to hit 5 plates, otherwise you'll be shooting like me! ;)