Col. Mortimer

Are ammo and reloading supply shortages coming? (again)

I heard from a friend that some component suppliers were reporting shortages and Bud's reported record sales months. Now this from Roze Distribution's site:

PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE RUNNING ABOUT 4-6 WEEKS BEHIND DUE TO UNUSUALLY LARGE ORDER VOLUME - PLEASE DO NOT CALL TO CHECK ON THE STATUS OF YOUR ORDER IF YOU HAVE ORDERED WITHIN THE LAST 4 WEEKS.

I am not fear mongering. I thought people would not panic after the last Presidential Election but I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong.

What do you guys think?

Speaking with Xtreme Bullets, they have recently secured large bullet sales to the US Government.

Always have components. =) I am sure people are stocking up for another "4 more years of Obama to ban guns" fear, and it will drive the prices.

Speaking of the govt. securing orders for ammo. This little gem i just saw today. It is for Homeland Security and Border Patrol. 450 million rounds!? WTF do they need all that ammo for in the "Homeland"? This isnt for war use.The govt, is preparing but if you stockpile some ammo or food, you are considered a terrorist...hmmmm. http://www.startribu.../142309105.html

I just did a powder valley order. I can tell you prices are creeping up on some brands, and things are going out of stock more frequently. I'm expecting stupidity again, so I got mine while the getting is good.

As for zero bullets/rose dist. They haven been able to keep up since 2008, I wouldn't regard their warnings as meaning too much. If precision delta starts complaining, worry more. If Montana gold is back ordered, you know demand is high.

I just did a powder valley order. I can tell you prices are creeping up on some brands, and things are going out of stock more frequently. I'm expecting stupidity again, so I got mine while the getting is good.

As for zero bullets/rose dist. They haven been able to keep up since 2008, I wouldn't regard their warnings as meaning too much. If precision delta starts complaining, worry more. If Montana gold is back ordered, you know demand is high.

Matt, I was talking to someone here recently that was talking to someone at PD, and alot of stuff was backed up.

Matt, I was talking to someone here recently that was talking to someone at PD, and alot of stuff was backed up.

The question is if it exceeded their normal backup. They have expanded their product line without expanding their capacity. Which means its been normal for them to not keep up on certain items. If its across the board, then demand has shot up or capacity is being diverted to large contracts.

I think there's a lot of anticipation on this, which means a self fulfilling prophecy.