Most fun I have had with my clothes on in a long time.....

Good folks....great weather......shooting goodness......whats not to like...

I heartily concur! (Nice paraphrase of the Chi Chi quote.) It was fun hanging out with so many people from NJGF.

Saw that. Wonder why they put me in open instead of production. I have no where to go but up haha. I'll take 10th in the rifle though. Not a bad outing for my first time. Can't wait for the next one.

When you fill out your registration card, remember to check Division, power factor, and your rating. If you forget, you go to Open Minor. IIRC you shot an XD in 9mm. That would be Production, Minor and Unclassified.

BTW - We had 64 shooters and the record is 65.

When you fill out your registration card, remember to check Division, power factor, and your rating. If you forget, you go to Open Minor. IIRC you shot an XD in 9mm. That would be Production, Minor and Unclassified.

BTW - We had 64 shooters and the record is 65.

Well they put me as U and I know I filled out D, that would have only put me as the #1 D shooter in Limited lol..

Either way, is it official, will next months match be a multi-stage classifier??

Well they put me as U and I know I filled out D, that would have only put me as the #1 D shooter in Limited lol..

Either way, is it official, will next months match be a multi-stage classifier??

That's what Ron said. That means it will be a very large turn out. It is a chance for all the new shooters to get rated or experienced shooters to get rated in another division.

Good job all around, especially the new shooters. I don't know about the rest of you, but I just want to put these match results on my fridge. I'm officially hooked on this. :gaming: The first saturday of every month can't come soon enough now.

If the next one is a multi-stage classifier (which I also thought Ron said), I will definitely be there. I only hope that my real holster will be here in time since it already missed the class and the first match, and it would be a shame if I got classified with a POS holster.

That's what Ron said. That means it will be a very large turn out. It is a chance for all the new shooters to get rated or experienced shooters to get rated in another division.

Oh crap, I'll have to Email Ron, Not only did my Class not get makred down right, My USPSA number is wrong, he added an extra 2 in it..

Wow...third overall in SS out of seven....for the first time ill take it....

Almost last in the rifle stage......LOL..when did an m1a become minor...Lmao ...

Next match I gotta be in the city for a play...(groan)...

Nice shooting Nick. That M1 is definitely not a minor haha

Next time have to make sure I mark production and hope I improve a little. Definitely a fun day out.

Nick, Mark and the others who shot their first match, you all did good, nice to place but really, worry about that later, get a few more matches in and then start thinking about other things. Now the Shongum match was nice and great for a first match, just do yourself and others a favor, if you hit OB or CJ, slow yourself down. You all shot smart, you shot safely, however there wasn't a lot of real movement. I only say this because this is the time when shooting this sport you want to learn good practices so they become natural. Take it slow and work on speed later, think safety and good gun handling first and foremost, everything else will fall into place as you shoot more matches.

Again, good job guys, hope to see you next month as well as OB and may CJ if I can make that one. Remember 2 days of steel this weekend at OB and OBRAMS and USPSA the following weekend.

It looks like many of us in the group did quite well, kudos to us! Nick's heavy metal was definitely the hit of the rifle stage; i think the only way you could trump that is with he sweet punctuated sound of an enbloc clip ejecting from an M1 Garand. :)

Distinguished Glock gentleman!

Thanks Jon! Actually, I think it's you that's a distinguished gentleman, although definitely not old. From checking the results, it looks like I'm only distinguished by my age, not by my shooting. Oh well, at least I've left myself plenty of room for improvement!

Nick, thanks for doing the vids. I'll send you a pm with my email address.

OGG

Nick, Mark and the others who shot their first match, you all did good, nice to place but really, worry about that later, get a few more matches in and then start thinking about other things. Now the Shongum match was nice and great for a first match, just do yourself and others a favor, if you hit OB or CJ, slow yourself down. You all shot smart, you shot safely, however there wasn't a lot of real movement. I only say this because this is the time when shooting this sport you want to learn good practices so they become natural. Take it slow and work on speed later, think safety and good gun handling first and foremost, everything else will fall into place as you shoot more matches.

Again, good job guys, hope to see you next month as well as OB and may CJ if I can make that one. Remember 2 days of steel this weekend at OB and OBRAMS and USPSA the following weekend.

Thanks Harry. I definitely understand where you're coming from. Speed is the least of my worries right now (obviously wasn't going for speed haha). I think we all did so well because the class was great and you all have been so helpful along the way giving pointers and advice. Honestly made the whole first competition experience that much more enjoyable. I look forward to seeing you all at another competition soon.