Sign in to follow this  
JackDaWack

Calibration Weight

Does anyone have an F1 or E2 20g weight in northern NJ? I'm not about to spend 75 bucks on one and i want to calibrate my F2 that i'm finding questionable, it seems to be over weight by about .02grams so i could always take a little off but i want to make sure first. Since .02grams is about .3 grains it can make a difference. Both my old jennings scale and the my new gempro both read out 20.02 so i don't think it s a coincidence they are both off the same amount. I may bite the bullet so to speak and buy an e2, but if i can essentially make the f2 more accurate using an e2 i would like to. Unfortunately, no matter what the weight is, pricing goes by class. So i cant buy a cheap 1g e2 to see if it hits the mark, cause they cost almost the same as a 20g... I also dont want to spend 70bucks to find out the weight i have was relatively spot on.

Big thanks to tommy for putting my mind at ease. The calibration weight was within spec. and the scale is working extremely well. It's repeatability and accuracy is spot on as of now, i will keep my eye on it and make sure it doesn't loose accuracy. I do like the fact it has a lifetime warranty, through my weigh, since scales are know to take a dump some time after use. In any event, big thumbs up to everyone in the community, i have generally stayed on here for my reloading help due to the attitude all of you guys show, which is bar none. I have visited some reloading sites and they are not noob friendly in the least. If i asked this question on one of those sites i would have gotten 10 responses on how great their beam scale is, which doesn't help me in the least...lol.

u guys crack me up :icon_lol:. Hopefully i will be one of the more experienced soon and can contribute to newcomers. i always appreciated the idea of passing it on. When you get the necessary help to succeed it makes you want to share your experience in a positive way.