Jon

Primer GP

I need primers, figured we could get a group together to share the hazmat fee. I will be ordering from Powder Valley, and pickup can be made at any CJ/OB match, my home in Somerset, or SCFGPA.

I need primers, is Powder Valley worth it over driving to T&T (considering Hazmat and shipping vs. gas and time)?

What are the prices there? PV is $26/k for Federal and CCI spp, lpp, and srp.

IHave you guys tried

Eh Salomon Shooters Sup (732) 938-2189 Location:

(see map below) 142 Yellow Brook Rd Farmingdale, NJ. 07727 Mailing Address: Salomon, Eugene H 142 Yellow Brook Rd Farmingdale, NJ. 07727

He's right down the shore and is pretty reasonable.

What are the prices there? PV is $26/k for Federal and CCI spp, lpp, and srp.

Looks like $1-$2 more per 1000 at T&T. Gas from somerset would only cover half the hazmat, so if PV charges shipping you'd still have to order a lot of stuff but it's probably doable with this crew...

EDIT: price list: http://www14.inetba.com/tandtreloading/productCat4435.ctlg?orderId=&custId=

IHave you guys tried

Eh Salomon Shooters Sup (732) 938-2189 Location:

(see map below) 142 Yellow Brook Rd Farmingdale, NJ. 07727 Mailing Address: Salomon, Eugene H 142 Yellow Brook Rd Farmingdale, NJ. 07727

He's right down the shore and is pretty reasonable.

$32 per k for CCI small and large pp.

Let's get an idea as to how much needs to be ordered and then I'll research pricing and go with the cheapest option. Honestly, I think T&T will be best, assuming 30-32mpg in my econobox.

Totals so far...

j0n

-CCI SPP - 10k

-CCI LPP - 10k

-CCI SRP - 2k

Harry

-CCI SPP - 5k

Mike

-CCI SRP - 5k

Frank

-CCI SPP - 5k

Jon,

don and I were going to put a order into powder valley for powder and primers. I was pretty sure we were looking at 15k primers each and a decent amount of powder. I will talk to you more when I get the bullets.

Jon,

don and I were going to put a order into powder valley for powder and primers. I was pretty sure we were looking at 15k primers each and a decent amount of powder. I will talk to you more when I get the bullets.

Perfect.

I'm the new guy here but I'd be in for 3000 SPP and 1000 LPP.

I'm about to be a member at OBRPC or could pick up in Somerset. I'm close.

Gotta watch the weight at Powder Valley -- Can only be 48 pounds per hazmat.

Here's another vendor for consideration: http://www.cacassociatesinc.com/index.html

They won't ship UPS. They do ship to clubs on their own trucks but they won't cross over to NJ -- something to do with NJ wanting extra permits for the hazmat ... Go figure.

CAC is located in central PA -- It's a haul. I have purchased shotgun loading supplies from them on a few occasions.

Their pricing is Hard to beat but you have to happen to be going in that direction for it to be cost effective.

Just a thought, Jer

Jer, I think that CAC is going to be a bit too far out of the way, but thank you for the suggestion. I have no problem working with newbs, so you're in.

To everyone else, I will be making the drive or placing the order on Thursday, May 3rd. Please get your orders to me before Wednesday night!

Updated...

j0n

-CCI #500 SPP - 10k

-CCI #300 LPP - 10k

-CCI #400 SRP - 2k

Harry

-CCI #500 SPP - 5k

Mike

-CCI #400 SRP - 5k

Frank

-CCI #500 SPP - 5k

Dave

-CCI #400 SRP - 1k

-CCI #500 SPP - 1k

Pete

-CCI #500 SPP - 3K

-CCI #300 LPP - 2K

-CCI #550 SMPP - 1K

-CCI #200 LRP - 1K

Jer(Heavyopp)

-CCI #500 SPP - 3K

-CCI #300 LPP - 1K

CAC will only deal with NJ'ers in PA. Then your paying freight and sales tax. Just something to consider.

Even with PV's 50lb issue for Hazmat, we can get an order of 2 boxes and shipping will be like $10-12 per person. 2 boxes = 2 hazmat fees, = 2 shipping charges, = 2 insurance charges.

Like I said CAC only works if you or someone you know happens to be out there

As for the PV order -- I just went and weighed 100 LPPs. 712 grains. That puts 1000 LPP @ 1.017 pounds.

This order as posted is looking like 50,000 primers. 50 * 1.017 = 50.85 pounds. So it looks like it will break the 48 pound limit from PV.

IIRC last year I ordered 20,000 shotgun primers. They told me that the 48 pound limit is for powder --6 jugs @ 8 pounds each.

The reason for this was that the hazmat box must be a certain physical size and they couldn't fit any more powder in the box. They did have a little wiggle room on weight.

I want to say up to 70 pounds but I am probably wrong.

Anyway, the bottom line is -- If my order puts the group order up over the 1 box limit it would be OK if I didn't get these this round.

I'm not desperate for primers and it doesn' make any sense to get 2 boxes unless we can fill the 2nd box.

We'll find out when Jon makes the call...

Jer

I have a couple friends who are not on the forum getting stuff, so we're well over the 1-box limit. We will still be way under the cost of driving to T&T, so I think everyone will be making out quite well. I'll update everyone with prices soon.

Little delay on ordering, sorry folks. These will be ordered up by tonight, and I'll send out price totals to everyone. Hazmat cost will be split evenly amongst everyone, and shipping will be based on how many primers you ordered.