Sign in to follow this  
msg73

Suggestions for an in-wall handgun safe

Any suggetions for a decent in-wall handgun safe? Looking to mount it between the studs in the wall next to my bed. Don't want it too big...just something to fairly discrete to fit a handgun and couple of mags. Electronic keypad or biometric.

This one looked interesting but doen't seem to be very secure...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019J8PNK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p60_d0_g60_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0CX9QMHSRNN71878F25Z&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Thanks

Thanks, but I definitely don't want a key that I have to keep track of. All, of the in-wall safes that I've seen seem to be fairly large (~22"h x 16"w). Looking for somthing like the Secure Logic in size but with more security (looks flimsy)

Ive got a stackon pws-1522.

It's pretty good for a lock box. It will not stand up to a prybar attack but to keep unwanted hands out it works.

Ive got mine in a closet but it can easily be hidden behind a picture.

Electronic/key entry

V-line. Simplex lock. Not electronic. Awesome.

+0.5 on V-line (or, for Ray Ray, "half agree")

I bought 2 V-line drawer safes on annother forum's recommendations. I am good with everything about them except I cannot change the combination (button sequence) on either. Both are stuck with the factory default combo.

Pluses are: 100% kid-proof and no key to lose or battery to fail.

I did not know they made an in-wall or I would have considered it.

+0.5 on V-line (or, for Ray Ray, "half agree")

I bought 2 V-line drawer safes on annother forum's recommendations. I am good with everything about them except I cannot change the combination (button sequence) on either. Both are stuck with the factory default combo.

Pluses are: 100% kid-proof and no key to lose or battery to fail.

I did not know they made an in-wall or I would have considered it.

Are they defective? I had no trouble changing mine.

Are they defective? I had no trouble changing mine.

Uhh... oviously, Yes.

Just kidding.

Both my wife and I followed the directions precisely. The locks would not accept the new combo.

IMHO, the factory default is good enough.

How long Have you had them? I know fort Knox has a lifetime warrantee. I just bought a pistol box from them. They don't make a small wall safe.

I'd be surprised if v-line wouldn't fix it for you. Factory preset isn't good enough.

Long time. No hope for a warrantee claim now.

They are not for security. They are just to keep my nieces and nephews safe from my 2 HD pistols. I have a real safe for security.

How long Have you had them? I know fort Knox has a lifetime warrantee. I just bought a pistol box from them. They don't make a small wall safe.

I just saw some fort knox safes on Amazon. Looks real solid. I may just get one myself.