iRescue

Remington 870 Express Tactical

Hi All!

So I shot my buddy's Remy 870 Tactical over the weekend - my first time ever shooting a shotgun....I LOVED IT!!! :hunter:

That thing had some kick but it wasn't as crazy as I imagined it. We were shooting Winchester #7.5 target loads.

Either way - I am looking to get one of my own.

I liked the regular stock, but would probably put the Remington Supercell on the back of it.

I am also looking for the 870 that comes with the ghost ring sights and tactical choke.

Anything you guys recommend I should consider before buying a first shotgun? It will probably be mainly for home defense with the occasional clay/fun shoot outdoors.

Also - how much more kick will a HD/Tactical 00 Buck give versus a #7.5 target load? Both 2 and 3/4 inch shells.

Thanks!!

Anything you guys recommend I should consider before buying a first shotgun? It will probably be mainly for home defense with the occasional clay/fun shoot outdoors.

Yes, look at a Mossberg 500 before you buy an 870 and there are two simple reasons why. Mossbergs have an ambidextrous safety. If you are a lefty, this is a plus. Mossbergs also have a shell lifter that is in the constant up position - meaning all you have to do is drop the shell into the loading port and push it forward. This is a little harder with an 870 since you are pushing down on that duckbill shell lifter to reload.

But honestly, you can't go wrong with either one. The debate between 870 owners and Mossberg owners is more akin to brothers who disagree but love each other deep down.

Shooting 00 buckshot out of a 12 gauge will be akin to being punched in the shoulder. I don't care how many recoil pads you put on the gun. It's still like getting punched in the shoulder. Semi-auto shotguns help bleed off the recoil a bit, but pumps have no recoil springs. All of that energy is going into your shoulder. But you won't shoot that much buckshot through it anyway. Practice with target load, then put 10-15 rounds of buckshot through it at the end of your range session to get the feel for coming back up on target.

I went through the exact same thing last year, and I wanted the same shotgun that you want. However, I had trouble finding one, and the prices were a bit high. So I bought the 870 Express Synthetic 7 round

http://www.remington...ic-7-round.aspx

I also added an XS big dot tritium front sight

http://www.brownells...IUM-FRONT-SIGHT

I also added a Remington super cell pad

You can't go worng with a Rem 870. I like the ghost ring sights on a shotgun. I'm not sure what a tactical choke is. It will kick more with buckshot and slugs.

post-2785-0-06504000-1336579085_thumb.jpg

I bought mine from Bud's for $450 last year. 683 rounds through her so far.

post-2785-0-49322500-1336578894_thumb.jpg

Remington® Tactical Choke Tube

Remington 19791 Black Tactical Ported Choke Tube - 12 Gauge

The Remington Extended Tactical Choke Tube for 12 Gauge shotguns is designed for optimum performance and recoil reduction and also aids in reducing muzzle rise for consistent shot placement. Matte black finish. Ported with jagged teeth.

http://www.remington...choke-tube.aspx

Hi All!

So I shot my buddy's Remy 870 Tactical over the weekend - my first time ever shooting a shotgun....I LOVED IT!!! :hunter:

That thing had some kick but it wasn't as crazy as I imagined it. We were shooting Winchester #7.5 target loads.

Either way - I am looking to get one of my own.

I liked the regular stock, but would probably put the Remington Supercell on the back of it.

I am also looking for the 870 that comes with the ghost ring sights and tactical choke.

Also - how much more kick will a HD/Tactical 00 Buck give versus a #7.5 target load? Both 2 and 3/4 inch shells.

Thanks!!

I love my 870 Express Tactical with Ghost Ring Sights, Extended Shell Tube and Door Breacher.

870-Express-Tactical-81198-prod.jpg

Little pricy for sure. After checking this shotty Almost everyday for the last 4 weeks budsgunshop website finally this week Monday morning Bingo back in stock. 477.00 & ships free, got myself one right away. I'm looking at early next week to have my first shotgun I'm really excited. Louie G's Outdoors in Sacaucus is the FFL. 35.00 + 15.00 Can't go wrong with that.

Good luck with the new 870. It should serve you well for years. I have an old 12ga, and ordered a benelli supernova recently, so i am waiting on my "tactical" shotgun as well.

00 buck on a magnum shell will kick id say maybe 50% harder than bird or target loads. Still managable at least to me. If you try the magnums and dislike em, a few companies do make reduced recoil loads for HD. Look into those. I was a little anxious before first shooting 3" magnums, just brace right and you should be fine. I wanna see what slugs and 3 1/2" shells are like when i get my supernova...