johngo1

Prints MorphoTrac

I had my prints taken at MorphoTrac 2 weeks ago and when I was there they have me a receipt. They said that the prints would get set to NJSP electronically.

My question is do I have to take the receipt to my local PD or am I all set?

Sorry for all the questions but I am completely new to this. Thanks

I actually called my DT and asked if he needed my receipt but he said nope and hung up. So that means he got an emailed copy to them. So I'm all set, just waiting on my township now.

What township are you from? Btw I'm on my 51st day of waiting, 43 days after morpho trak

Our local police tells us that they have no need for the receipt. They do ask us to call and leave a message to let them know that the fingerprinting appointment was kept, so they know when to expect the morpho faxed paperwork.

Morpho told me more or less: Here's your receipt, don't lose it, don't mess it up. Your PD may or may not require it to complete your application, you should call them and confirm what they want.

The PD didn't want it.

My PD didn't need the reciept, but I was told by Morphotrac that I should keep it in case there was any problem. But even though the PD claimed that they did not receive my prints, I still didn't need it to get them to re-request the missing prints. But I still keep it with all of my firearms related documents... yes, my name is Jon and I AM a pack rat!!!

i had to staple the receipt to the initial forms for PID... and hand it to detective with the forms... Why? so he knows i actually completed it and can then track the status of the prints from the receipt. I suggest keeping a copy somewhere safe... maybe scan it and email it to yourself? I got my PID in 3 weeks... your results may vary on how organized/ backed up your detective is with local crime paperwork. Because this is a lot of paperwork. All the Seg Morph places tell you to take receipt with you for a reason because its probably what the state police want and it's written in their job description/instructions for PID for a reason. Your town may not care as much.

My PD told me to bring receipt right after I got fingerprinted with my application. They won't take the app unless you bring it. Not in general, just my PD said they wont take the app unless I bring the receipt with it.

My PD told me to bring receipt right after I got fingerprinted with my application. They won't take the app unless you bring it. Not in general, just my PD said they wont take the app unless I bring the receipt with it.

Some want to see it, most don't from what has been posted on the forum so it's best to just find out what your PD wants you to do.

Just wish they would realize that my prints don't really change and do away with them needing you to go back after 5 years, not sure if all PD's are doing this, but mine does.