Sunday 8-26-12 GUN SHOW

What kind of stuff do they have for sale? I thought I read somewhere that gun shows in NJ couldn't sell firearms, or something like that?

Milsurp?? Whats that? Anyone from here going? I'd like to go. I'm not too far from Jackson.

Milsurp is short for 'military surplus'. That can mean numerous things, but for this specific gun show, it probably means surplus ammo, C&R guns (if they are able to sell guns here), as well as a lot of military collectibles and such.

The last show a guy had a table loaded with ammo. 200 rd. battle packs of federal and so african for 50 per pack. He had to have 50 battle packs for .25 per round. I am bringing a couple of m-1s and garand ammo. also a collection of Gerbers, Combat knives

I went to the last one they had.. plenty of ww2 memorabilia, bayonets, knives, milsurp LR's etc. They do sell ftf there (or at least thats what I was led to believe in terms of milsurp long guns. ammo cans, some tables have ammo for decent prices (both milsurp and modern). Small place, but the entry fee is cheap (like $2-4 bucks) and the people are very friendly.

Description from a gunshow website:

The Jersey Shore Monthly Gun & Militaria Show will be held on Sunday, July 22nd, 2012. The Jackson, NJ Gun Show will be held at the Amvets Post #2 - Jackson and is hosted by the Jersey Shore Antique Arms Collectors of New Jersey.

This is one of the few remaining Gun Shows in New Jersey. Absolutely no transfers of Modern Firearms by order of the New Jersey State Police.

This is a small operation with under 100 members. Tables range from 25-35 (for non-members). There is no problem with antique weapons.

Nice meeting you today Dave (I was the guy with the baby, haha).

It was a nice small show, too bad I didn't have more time to really look everything over, maybe next month.

I did score a Russian capture K98 for a decent price, so I was happy with that. Looking forward to shooting it soon.

You sold all 3 M1's, right? Gone by 10:00am!

I'm heading to the Oaks show in PA on Saturday, and possibly might swing by the Jackson Amvets on Sunday. Last month I had tunnel vision for a K98 so I breezed over a lot of stuff, would like to take my time and check it out this time around if I can make it.

You have a table this month Dave?

There were only 3-4 K98's there, and I know 2 of them were $600 and pristine numbers matching, very nice examples. The one I got is a RC in very good shape, laminated stock, 1939 dated, not all numbers matching, but with a rare (so I was told on another milsurp forum) RC star marking and plenty of original German warbird markings. Also came with the 10" cleaning rod, a repro sling, and 60 rounds of ammo on strippers. Paid $350 for a nice shooter with good crisp bore, so I was happy.

Wow Captain, I should've gone shopping with you for a K98, that sounds like a great deal to me. I paid $400 for a RC about a month ago and it didn't come with anything you got. I ended up spending another $50 just to buy the rod, sling, capture screws and a replacement front band spring.