Parker

Police charge boyfriend who came to victim's aid

Interesting story on coming to someone's aid. In New Jersey of course! (The comments are at least better than the story.)

Cops charge alleged robber as well as boyfriend who came to victim's aid

Monday May 21, 2012, 11:28 AM

BY MARLENE NAANES

STAFF WRITER

The Record

CLIFFSIDE PARK — Police charged an alleged robber accused of trying to steal a woman’s purse — and also arrested the woman’s boyfriend who came to her aid late Sunday night, police said.

The woman left her boyfriend’s Fulton Terrace home just after 11:30 p.m. and was getting into her car when someone tried to rob her. Brian Johnston, 30, of North Bergen, is accused of grabbing her bag and pulling her out of the car, said Capt. Michael Russo.

The woman’s boyfriend, identified as Christian Veras, heard her screaming and rushed outside. Police said Veras, 21, pummeled Johnston, fracturing bones and causing serious injuries to his face and head.

Johnston was in and out of consciousness, Russo said. He was taken to Palisades Medical Center in North Bergen where he was still being treated on Monday.

Johnston was charged with robbery, police said. Veras was charged with aggravated assault and was released on a summons. Russo said Veras was charged because he went beyond holding a suspect until police arrived.

http://www.northjers...ictims_aid.html

Laws can really be twisted either way, I can understand probably the reason the guy beat the piss out of him was partially fueled by emotion and adrenaline. If there is enough evidence that he was beating the guy after he was unconcious or something to that effect it is aggravated assault.

I think the prosecutors will look at this for what it was use proper judgement and drop the charges, the fact vera's got only a summons gives an indication towards it.

If it happened someplace else:

Female victim uses her concealed weapon to protect and save herself from harm, perp was not so lucky, died on scene.

NJ resident gets 20 years for using a concealed weapon to protect herself.

Across the pond: perp arrested for beating victim, boyfriend arrested for beating perp.

Carry a gun,Use it for self-defense, leave the scene and keep your mouth shut.

If it happened someplace else:

Female victim uses her concealed weapon to protect and save herself from harm, perp was not so lucky, died on scene.

NJ resident gets 20 years for using a concealed weapon to protect herself.

Across the pond: perp arrested for beating victim, boyfriend arrested for beating perp.

Carry a gun,Use it for self-defense, leave the scene and keep your mouth shut.

Leave the scene??? Surely, you'll wind up in prison.

This is the kinda of sh t that pushes my buttons. Every criminal who attempts to Rape, Rob, or cause you harm should get this kind of treatment. Criminals should be in fear !!! But no the liberal scumbags want you to be a victim , And they want to coddle the scumbag criminal. jmho.

If I were Supreme leader of my own country, this man would get a medal. An award for, "Bravery, and supreme badassery in the face of a scumbag." Personally, criminals like that get what they deserve in my opinion.

Something like this happen to me, I was home and my car was getting broken into, I go outside with my buddies and find three guys inside my car trying to start it up, we beat them to the point that our hands were getting numb. The thieves get away with trespassing, car was in my driveway and we get arrested for aggravated assaults. Charges were dropped and case dismissed on my second visit to court.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Personally, whatever happens to someone while they are committing a violent crime...sorry, but I have a hard time feeling bad for them. What type of message does it say to criminals, when people who protect themselves and others from crime also get arrested? It says you have a better chance of someone not doing such for fear of arrest, so my chances of being a successful criminal are higher.

I think Marsellus Wallace (Pulp Fiction) had the best idea for how to deal with people like Brian Johnston:

"What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' n*****s, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your a**."

Christian Veras was the hero in this situation. I'm sure he used the appropriate amount of force.

Veras gave Johnston what he deserved.

Kudos to him- guys lucky he didn't get killed by the angry BF who had to watch his lady get pulled out of her own car..

If I saw my misses being treated that way, I would have been outraged and probably would have grabbed my bat (obviously not my firearm because of NJ state's laws) and gave the guy one good swing in his legs and if he got up, God help me. :angry: