Destinydog

EMP mag mod

I got a message from Shocker the other day informing me of this mag mod for EMP pistols. He was sending some mags off and asked if i wanted to get in on it.. I quickly agreed and we shipped our mags off to Cali, they arrived in Cali friday and by monday they were back at my house modified. The work is amazing! attached is the link to the thread about the mod on another forum. check it out, its pretty amazing.

Also attached are pics of my pistol with the factory mag and with the modified mag.

http://forums.1911fo...ad.php?t=289542

photo1eq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

photo2rd.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I didn't forget about posting those pics... I ordered VZ Grips Aliens for it over the weekend (HT to those who posted the discount code) and I'm waiting for them to come in before snapping some glamor shots of the EMP.

Sorry I took so long getting these pictures up. Here they are. You can see the solid trigger, the Ed Brown tactical thumb safety, and the Wilson Combat round butt MSH. The frame, MSH, and trigger were Ceracote finished by me, and I performed all the metal work. I think it turned out pretty good.

img0740w.th.jpg

img0741hn.th.jpg

img0742id.th.jpg

img0743ro.th.jpg

img0744x.th.jpg

img0745zb.th.jpg

I can also recommend Logman's EMP modifications. I posted 3 EMP magazines to Logman on Monday morning, I received a package in the post today (Friday) with the 3 modified magazines. 5 day turn around including shipping to/from CA is pretty amazing.

A+ for turnaround time (5 days including return shipping from NJ->CA)

A+ for quality of welding and finish of the magazine base

The only thing I could think of as a possible improvement could be to move the holes to see the number of rounds either just on the 'EMP' side of the magazine, or just on the back/rear of the magazine so they don't cover the 'MFG in Italy BY MecGar, For Springfield Armory'. Other than that very minor item the resulting modification looks like a true manufacturer product.

Overall am very pleased and won't hesitate to recommend.

TheWombat