tom catman

5 stand at cherry ridge

went to the shotgun range for a round of skeet and saw their 5 stand setup.it blocks 5 out of 10 ports with the baffle setups.u cant clamp a thrower to the tables and have someone else shoot at the same time.the baffles should be removeable,or like other 5 stand setups be on certain days only.....others comments????

To be honest I shoot my SG at the state ranges and not Cherry Ridge so I cant comment on the 5 stand, the last time I shot on that range is back when it was still a .22 silhouette range when I was younger and I dont think I'll ever use the SG range there either.

I took a look the other day after the hg range to see the set up. Looks like a helluva lot of fun. There were two older guys there feeling out the 5 stand so i just hung with them for a little while watching them shoot. Thought they'd be better according to the fancy looking sg's...anyway there is 6 scattered throwers and 5 stands being at every other port. Each stand has 4 dedicated throwers to it. There is a keypad and remote at each stand. Each stand has a screen on each side to limit your lateral swing so to keep your shots downrange. The keypads have some kind of timer that you can set for dif amount of secs between throws if you want- presumably if you're by yourself? Otherwise your bud hits the remote for you. not sure of the specs on that. Not sure about the range rules like if there's only one key thus monopolizing the 5 stand to one person/group. Also am not familiar with range etiquete such as if there is more than one person shooting and throwing how that works.Can see it getting crazy with dif throwers launching clays across your feild. The set up does bring on speculation how multiple shooters can share the range at the same time especally a guy with his own thrower. Only place to mount it( other than the ground) is a port table thus making you choose to shoot from the adjacent screened port or the bare table two ports down. But it did look fun, just what I need, another money pit for more guns.

The set up does bring on speculation how multiple shooters can share the range at the same time especally a guy with his own thrower. Only place to mount it( other than the ground) is a port table thus making you choose to shoot from the adjacent screened port or the bare table two ports down.as quoted from siderman.....my point exactlly....

I have my own electronic thrower that I just clamp down on top of the table/stand and can shoot 90 birds for $8 vs the $27 it would cost shooting 5-stand. I REALLY don't want to have to lug it to CR only to find out I can't use it because 1 or 2 people are shooting 5-stand. I'm sure I'll try 5-stand every so often but don't want to be forced to. If this limits non-5stand shooting, I'll probably not renew my membership.

went today july 4th to shoot shotgun with my own thrower.now they have blocked another port with a 5 stand house on the side of the 4th from the far end port.right next to the table you could clamp your thrower onto.but......the 5 stand house blocks the arm from actually using it.so now there are only 4 ports to use with your own thrower.there were 3 others using the shotgun range today we were the 4th.if anyone else came they would have to wait i guess,while 6 ports went empty.nice job fuggin up a perfectly good range.........startin to really get pissed at the cameras/gates/locked brass buckets/5 stand no .50 shootin etc b.s........

went today july 4th to shoot shotgun with my own thrower.now they have blocked another port with a 5 stand house on the side of the 4th from the far end port.right next to the table you could clamp your thrower onto.but......the 5 stand house blocks the arm from actually using it.so now there are only 4 ports to use with your own thrower.there were 3 others using the shotgun range today we were the 4th.if anyone else came they would have to wait i guess,while 6 ports went empty.nice job fuggin up a perfectly good range.........startin to really get pissed at the cameras/gates/locked brass buckets/5 stand no .50 shootin etc b.s........

so how was the range at its most "crowded" time? Seems like some of the throwers would be controlled at the same time by dif partys? Is there a courtesy time to give up your port if another shooter wants to try it out? sounds distracting as heck getting ready to pull and someone else beats you to the thrower you're about to let go on.not to mention trying to concentrate and seeing other birds flying across your field. Haven't done it yet but hoping for this week. Maybe this is all SOP for clays i have no idea on this sport as far as range etiquite.

Ugh i just renewed my membership. They seem to indiscriminately do things that effect everyone without any feedback from the members. Typical dinosaur board behavior.

I was also told they stopped building the new pistol range they were going to use for PD qualifying . Another waste of member money. Clearly they dont give a shit about the members or what they think. I guess when you are getting 150+ people joining every 1st Sunday you can thumb your nose.

with 4 groups at the 4 useable ports for your own thrower,the line was full.dont see how they could enforce etiquite,you would have to focus on your own bird and not be distracred i think.

I guess i mis-read your post and it sounds like the 5 stand was not in use while you where there? So Tom let me ask you this, were the shooters w their own throwers shooting out of the screened ports or from their port w the thrower? Could get interesting if a 5 stand guy wanted to use a screened port already taken.....

Ugh i just renewed my membership. They seem to indiscriminately do things that effect everyone without any feedback from the members. Typical dinosaur board behavior.

I was also told they stopped building the new pistol range they were going to use for PD qualifying . Another waste of member money. Clearly they dont give a shit about the members or what they think. I guess when you are getting 150+ people joining every 1st Sunday you can thumb your nose.

LOL ! delayed or just done/ not doing?

I was there yesterday just surveying the ranges . I didnt get up to the SG range. I cant see it being a great setup ,its not that much space to begin with. On a good note my AR will be compliant when Mastadon gets it finished.YAY! can i shoot clay birds with it?

no ,noone used the screened ports.you cant clamp your thrower to the table and have someone else shoot from the same port.there isnt enough room with the screens there.maybe a ? type hook setup for removing the screens would help out.how that would work if you r using the 5 stand port for a thrower and someone wanted to use that 5stand port......for 5 stand....

I was told stopped ,not doing, never going to be done. So if thats the case the money they spent was flushed down the toilet.

Igotta laugh at this cause I promised myself not to get all bent up over CR's blundering and as long as I can happily do what I signed up for... My own thoughts are that they jumped too fast on this one and then got nervous about wetlands encroachment but only the select few know the real answer and some accountability would be too much to ask for. Look at the bright side, maybe additional parking or place to put storage trailers.

The Doppler radar is issuing a Sh*tstorm alert.

Igotta laugh at this cause I promised myself not to get all bent up over CR's blundering and as long as I can happily do what I signed up for... My own thoughts are that they jumped too fast on this one and then got nervous about wetlands encroachment but only the select few know the real answer and some accountability would be too much to ask for. Look at the bright side, maybe additional parking or place to put storage trailers.

The Doppler radar is issuing a Sh*tstorm alert.

lmfao... well if nothing else the bright side is they have perfected blundering to a fine art! Hail the chief lol

Opps i forgot to ask.. Store what? Apparently the the shack at the bottom of the hill is already full of all kinds of uselessness. Hoarders??

barrels and barrels of brass! I'm starting to see thru the hidden agenda here! LOL