siderman

Scammed at Jim Flynns!(joke)

Only kidding, mostly. Kool place they got going there. got to go behind the scenes(dont bump your head) and liked the old crammed country store look and very nice people. But when it came time to pay up it came to about $10 more than what he quoted me.Only ten no big deal but its the same old thing, the principle. I asked whats up with the xtra he said its what it costs me to get it, UPS shipping. I gave a wtf look and he said "yea some guys ask about that" and" when you only mark-up what I do..." I said I'll bet they do and left it at that. Should've just included it in his over the phone quote to me. Was happy finally getting my cougar 45( no luck w price requests, twice) and was enjoying a decent day cleaning the carbs on the Suzuki.Now my cougar 9 has a big bro. And to top it off two new mags for it go up in the Marketplace here the same day I buy it. Meant to be. :)

Congrats on the new acquisition! Jim is a great guy and a class act, and his prices are pretty much unbeatable most of the time. I've bought at least 4 handguns and 3 long guns from him, and he always adds the $10 fee which covers his cost to have the firearms shipped to him. I agree though that it would probably better if he disclosed that along with the quote, just in case he's giving the quote to someone who is a first time customer. On each of my purchases from him, I saved at least $100 or more, compared to other local FFL's, so the extra $10 to cover his cost for shipping never bothered me.

You have to ask for the OTD price. He also does not usually charge it on Sigs, since he tends to buy them 3 at a time and Sig ships free when you purchase three or more on one order. His mark-up is so marginal that he needs to recoup shipping.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The last thing I got from him was $10.00 cheaper than he quoted me over the phone. I guess he liked me better. Or, maybe he was just balancing the books.

Now, I am a little frustrated that you got that .45. I have had one on order with him for over a year. Where was my call when he got them in?

The last thing I got from him was $10.00 cheaper than he quoted me over the phone. I guess he liked me better. Or, maybe he was just balancing the books.

Now, I am a little frustrated that you got that .45. I have had one on order with him for over a year. Where was my call when he got them in?

Got a pp? he had 2 more

I would change the thread title to be honest. For anyone that doesn't fully read the thread, or skims it and doesn't understand what happened, it looks bad.

And Jim Flynn is the man. I wouldn't want him to possibly get a bad rep from a confusing thread title.

I would change the thread title to be honest. For anyone that doesn't fully read the thread, or skims it and doesn't understand what happened, it looks bad.

And Jim Flynn is the man. I wouldn't want him to possibly get a bad rep from a confusing thread title.

+1

+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I'm 6'1" and have to really hunch to get in the attic. While he has almost nothing in his waiting area, he seems to have EVERYTHING upstairs.

How do you like the Cougar 9mm? How does it compare to any other 9mm's you may have? I have a 9mm SS model on order with Jim.

BTW, another vote to change the thread title.

Yeah, I'm 6'1" and have to really hunch to get in the attic. While he has almost nothing in his waiting area, he seems to have EVERYTHING upstairs.

LOL, I'm 6'2" and have bumped my head going up the "Stairway to Heaven" on at least 1 or 2 occassions! When I walk up those stairs it's like I can hear the angels sing! LOL!

jeez- ok for all you sensitive and dyslexic types I amended the title.

Haha but if you think about it it's true. Your thread title describes something completely different than your post/what happened, so it's not us acting any different way..it's just clearing the confusion up, per se.

Haha but if you think about it it's true. Your thread title describes something completely different than your post/what happened, so it's not us acting any different way..it's just clearing the confusion up, per se.

Drez- actually my thread is not completly dif as 1/2 addresses the un-disclosed fee.And what confusion? The first two words of my post say"only kidding". Listen, I think its all warm & fuzzy to see you guys rally around the mighty Flynn but the fact is in my experience there i was back doored a hidden fee when it was time to pull out my wallet. I wasnt so concerned about the actuall money, $10 isnt much in this hobby but I will argue the hidden fee.And that when I questioned it and his response was "yea some guys ask about that" only proves its been an issue. Just figure it in the quote, simple, no confusion or questions.And to show I hold no ill will I inquired about another hg and made tentative arrangements for that.

How do you like the Cougar 9mm? How does it compare to any other 9mm's you may have? I have a 9mm SS model on order with Jim.

BTW, another vote to change the thread title.

I like the platform enough to get another! Very comfortable in my hand, not too big or small. It was my first 9 hg but recently got the 92 but only had it out once so far. You'll enjoy it I'm sure.