this_is_nascar

Need a New Washing Machine

Well there you have it. Sounds like another useless feature to add costs to the final product and/or fail down the road. I just have to ask. Why in the world would you want/need multiple spins cycles? Not trying to be a smart*ss, just attempting to understand the logic behind this "feature".

For example, with my work pants made of heavy fabric, it cuts down on drying time. Things like the wife's bras don't take kindly to the faster spin cycle. You also definitely don't want it with anything that is harder to balance like a comforter because the self balancing feature can only do so much.

The spin cycle has very little, if anything, to due with clothes wearing. The majority of wear to clothes in the washing machine are done during the wash and rinse cycles. The agitation of the clothes against the agitator or against the tub is what causes the wear. Whether your spin cycle operates at 1K-RPMS or 10K-RPMS has very little to do with any wear you may see. I appreciate the fact that you guys seem to like this "feature", however I see it as a marketing ploy of just another useless "feature" that was implemented to increase the price of the product, while lowering the longevity and durability of the product. One maker adds this "feature" then others feel they need to add it in order to "keep-up" with the competition.

The spin cycle has very little, if anything, to due with clothes wearing. The majority of wear to clothes in the washing machine are done during the wash and rinse cycles. The agitation of the clothes against the agitator or against the tub is what causes the wear. Whether your spin cycle operates at 1K-RPMS or 10K-RPMS has very little to do with any wear you may see. I appreciate the fact that you guys seem to like this "feature", however I see it as a marketing ploy of just another useless "feature" that was implemented to increase the price of the product, while lowering the longevity and durability of the product. One maker adds this "feature" then others feel they need to add it in order to "keep-up" with the competition.

You can insist that the old-fashioned technology is better but lots of people on this thread have real-life experience with the new front loaders and recommend them. Good luck with your laundry.

You can insist that the old-fashioned technology is better but lots of people on this thread have real-life experience with the new front loaders and recommend them. Good luck with your laundry.

Very true, I remember seeing a video of something like an old 50's Chevy in a head on collision with a compact something or other.

You would think the big 50's boat being twice its size would have won. Actual test showed the damage, 50's Chevy driver died, compact car guy had a broken leg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk