Boejoula

New member from Old Bridge

First off, hello! Recently got into handguns and bought a Smith and Wesson M&P22. Love it for what it is. Bought it at the NJ firearms guild. Great experience so I joined the range in Easton. Now hating the hour drive, looking at other options. I'll be stuck there for the next year most likely, but what are my options close to home? Also looking into my next handgun, SIG P226 extreme, any thoughts? I'm new to shooting and looking for as much advice, on anything, a possible!

Welcome here in OB/Matawan border myself. The two options are Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club, right here in our neighborhood. They have an indoor pistol range off of rt 18, and a rifle/shotgun/pistol outdoor range setup off of 516/Jake Brown Road. Very close and convenient, and nice facilities.

Personally I opted for Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol club over in Jackson. It is a 45min drive, but I personally feel the facilities have much more to offer. They are much larger, with longer distances for rifle than OB can offer.

Can't go wrong with a Sig HG in my book. They do cost a premium, and some would say are overpriced (IMO there is some truth to that), but supply and demand is there and people are willing to shell out big bucks for a good HG.

Welcome to the forum..

As far as ranges, do check out OBRPC, take a look at the newsletter and see when events are happening. You can come check out the facilities during these events to see if you like it, that and you will see some of the shooting sports that are out there to get involved in and spend all your money on. lol

Also check out CJ, another great facility, both cost a little coin, especially the first year, but after that they are very reasonable, especially after you start going more. Factor in travel time also, I made the mistake of joining Shore Shot that was ok for a little while, but 45 minute drive vs. 10 minutes turned out to be a no brainier, that and the indoor range is a 24/7 range.

By the way, the link to the OBRPC is the click-able link in my signature..