woodentoe

OB Sunday Steel Question

What Nick said. You can also ask the RO after you shoot and the total time had been recorded on the score sheet what your time to first shot was and if you really want to get into it further, time for your second follow up shot.

Now after you see the time to first shot think about all the sub second first shot guys, let alone 1st 2 shots in 1.2-1.3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm just focused on not hitting the plate more than once.

When I first started doing Static Steel I had the same problem! How I fixed it was figuring-out in my head the order of the shots I was going to take PRIOR to the BEEP. And slowing-down enough so I didn't miss much, for the phrase "smooth is fast" really comes into play at Static Steel. Blasting away missing takes longer than slowing-down and just hitting, and you'll figure that out real soon!

Being that you're a great shot with that .22, maybe you'd benefit from shooting a PPC Match where the targets are exposed for a period of time and then turn-away from you. You'd get used to being in a Match that uses a timer, and there's a little less pressure to blast away as fast as you can. Accuracy is the name of the game @ PPC, and you get to practice mag changes and safe gun handling. Take what you'll learn at PPC and carry it over to Static Steel and you'll miss less, use less ammo and have a better time. Lots of folks do just that and are steadily improving at both disciplines.......

Have fun and be safe. See you around the ranges!

Dave

Miss less and use less ammo Dave?? and here I thought I was out to go shooting and the one who shot the most won,,, damn been doing it wrong all this time.. lol

Actually I'll have to make it out and check out your PPC match one of these days.

Yer a piece of "Work" Harry, lol! And welcome to join us any time! Just leave that Stogie in yer car, lol! (Cause I have to do the same thing, lol)!

I really want to try a ppc match soon. when is the next one.

Not sure, I think that July might be off being there are a bunch of other stuff going on that month and it's normally the 2nd Friday of the month, so maybe August but Dave should be along anytime now to give you the most accurate info.

Friday the 13th of July is our next PPC Match! We no longer have any conflicts with the calendar, so we're a 12 months-of-the-year operation.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, we just had a pole knocked down and half of the town was without power for a while.

Chat soon!

Dave

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.