LorenzoS

Second Ammendment case won in NJ Superior Court

For the first time I am aware of, a case was won in New Jersey on Second Amendment grounds. Congratulations to Even Nappen and thanks for fighting the good fight. In this case a man's firearms and FPIC were taken because he stored them unlocked in his apartment, which the original judge considered to be dangerous enough to warrant forfeiture. Nappen successfully argued that the judge was effectively trying to create a storage requirement that the Supreme Court found unconstitutional in Heller vs. DC.

http://www.evannappe...0251/blasco.pdf

The ruling might be narrow but it is good to see a New Jersey court acknowledge and follow the protections of the Second Amendment in our post Heller world.

Here again, this guy that got off isn't a poster child for 2A issues. Drugs and "paraphernalia" were laying around the apartment as well! Which means he's actually a Prohibited Person, but the Cops didn't bother to charge him with any of that since the guns were laying around the apartment in plain sight?? I actually read the Court papers. Like I said, NO poster child......

So score one for the almost good guys?

What we really need is someone lilly-clean being jacked-up that gets off without a hitch, NOT someone who has drugs layin' around an apartment AND NOT someone who's Mommy called the Cops on him cause she thought he was going to off himself (Aitken).

What I'm trying to say is we need someone who will stand-up to the scrutiny of both the media and the public-at-large. Maybe then we stand a chance to get folks on our side...

Someone like Suzanna Hupp would be nice, but the problem is that I'd rather not someone in NJ have to go through what she went through just to get concealed carry.

Just read the opinion, funny what items were confiscated in the execution of the search warrant. Who the hell keeps a boa constrictor and a alligator in an apartment?

My point EXACTLY! Add that to the drug items, and then throw-in all of the firearms strewn-about the apartment, and what do you have? Certainly NOT the 2A Poster Child we all want to use as a Spokesperson to the media!

I don't see how any of the above is relevant or someone justifies a judge making up his own law in requiring a storage requirement that doesn't exist in actual NJ law. If laws only applied to dirt bags, then sure, I wouldn't care. But when these cases can be used not just against (or for) him, but you too, you may want to look at it from a different perspective.

Just sayin'.

Oh boy. Let me guess. They found some weed and a bowl. Oh man, what horrible, dangerous substances. I bet he had the Reefer Madness!

:rolleyes:

Exactly. Also marijuana is legal in NJ...well, sort of like how firearms are.

Exactly. Also marijuana is legal in NJ...well, sort of like how firearms are.

That which is illegal, is not necessarily immoral, nor what is legal, is necessarily moral.

Just like states like NJ, NY, CA etc. cling to horrible anti gun laws that don't work, many states cling to stupid marijuana laws that don't work either. And just like states like AZ are leading the way in gun rights, other states like CO and VT are leading the way in ending stupid marijuana laws as well.