Hello everyone Im new to the forum and just had a question to ask. Not sure if this is the approproiate section . But I'm in the process of getting my FID card and also so I can purhase a pistol. Im getting it cause I operate 2 Pawn Shops and sisne I have no chance in hell of getting a CCW, i figure I might as well get something. So basically my question is, once I acquire my pistol, am I allowed to wear said pistol on myself while inside my Pawn Shop? Or can I only have it "hidden" in like my desk drawer?

You can carry in your place of residence and your place of business-- there have been many discussions on this law, and the consensus on the forum seems to be that the law covers only the owners of said businesses, not the employees.

Correct. Owners only.

Gun shop owners carry in their stores all the time.

No one mentioned this so I will. You can legally transport your handgun between any combination of home or either of the shops if you own them. Normal rules, unloaded, locked up in trunk, no unreasonable deviations from route, etc, apply.

So basically my question is, once I acquire my pistol, am I allowed to wear said pistol on myself while inside my Pawn Shop? Or can I only have it "hidden" in like my desk drawer?

You can wear it, concealed or openly, it does not matter. You can have it hidden in a desk drawer, sitting behind the counter in the open, or however you want really. Point being, if they are your shops, you can carry it in whatever method suits you best, and you are not restricted to just one method.

Good luck getting your pistol and good luck with your shops!

Take classes!!

An active shooter situation is not the time to test your skill or to try and figure out how to draw from a holster.

I personally take classes with Cameron @ GappNJ.com and I'm more then satisfied when the day is over.

Find something comfortable for you and go with it but by all means, please take a few courses from someone. Don't try and learn it on your own.

Take classes!!

An active shooter situation is not the time to test your skill or to try and figure out how to draw from a holster.

I personally take classes with Cameron @ GappNJ.com and I'm more then satisfied when the day is over.

Find something comfortable for you and go with it but by all means, please take a few courses from someone. Don't try and learn it on your own.

Great advice!