Not unusual...... alot of ranges dont have A/C. The ventalation system moves a good amount of air, enough to makeit OK....

I am down here in Florida, and just got back from a very nice range, but no A/C in the range portion, it was warm, but not intolerble....

I came out of there in a full sweat the other day.

Pretty sure they vent the range with outside air, so the range is gonna be like whatever it is outside.

There's a fan and a small air conditioner down at the end of the range by lanes 8 and 9 that help though.

At 15-10 air changes per hour and a once through ventilation system (no recirculation, you really don't want to "rebreath" that air, do you?) it costs enough to heat that air in the winter (absolutely necessary). To cool it in the summer would be cost prohibitive. If you did cool it, you would need to comply with the Energy Code which states that the 2.5% design temp in NJ is 90/73. On a 100+ degree day in NJ you're going to be uncomfortable nearly anywhere as those days "exceed the design parameters".

I went to RTSP a month ago or so. Temp outside was in the high 80's with moderate humidity (I remember being in my business casual work clothes before going and not being hot). When I got inside the range it was so hot that beads of sweat were running down my forehead and into my glasses. My shirt was so damp after I was done, I swear I could have wrung the sweat off from it. I asked the RO if this was normal and he basically said something that since this is the first summer that the range has been opened for, that they're going to have to adjust the AC a little to make it cooler. This and this alone really turned me off to this range and havent been back there to shoot. I sounds like they havent made many changes. That sucks too because I was planning on going this week to zero my new rifle and sights.

Unfortunately not all of us live close to an outdoor range so an indoor range is our only option if you dont want to drive 1 hour + from the north.