checko

cant settle on a front sight

This will probably be the last thing I'm putting on my rifle for a while and I can't make a decision on a front sight.

I have a stag 3h upper with the railed gas block. I was gonna go for the MI hk style folding sight but now I'm thinking I kind like the RRA fixed front sight.

Honestly I'm kinda wishing I had the front sight base instead of the railed block.

How does everyone like your sight picture using a red dot possible magnifier for with a fixed front sight? Is that even a decent sight to use? Help.

Fixed front sight post with a red dot is my preferred setup. With a magnifier, the post will not obscure your FOV. What I like most is in the event of optic failure, as long as your optic mounted to co-witness with the front sight post, you can use the dead optic as an enlarged rear peep, saving you the time of deploying the BUIS should time be critical.

Fixed front sight post with a red dot is my preferred setup. With a magnifier, the post will not obscure your FOV. What I like most is in the event of optic failure, as long as your optic mounted to co-witness with the front sight post, you can use the dead optic as an enlarged rear peep, saving you the time of deploying the BUIS should time be critical.

Any recommended products? Or is the RRA one gtg

I have the MI HK style Front flip on my 16". Love it. I generally keep it folded down as well.

+1 I've got the same setup and it works great for me. I also keep it folded down as well. I really like the HK style front sight.

LMT and Daniel Defense are my preferred ones with the nod to the LMT due to it coming with an oversized knob which makes installing and removal without a screwdriver possible.

I looked at the ones on your site but they were both for rail height and I need gas block height. Do they make it?

Dont think that will work on a railed gas block. Plus im not trying to spend that much anyway

Sorry I missed the gas block, this is a rail height sight. One of my other projects is a matte sand upper and lower with a Black Hole Weaponry 16" mid length 300 Blackout. I have a fde rifle length Midwest Industries rail and a set of fde sights. They make a gas block height version of the front sight, they are nice, like an Hk or AK style.

I would really have liked it better if the sight was facing the other way, it's made the same way as the rail height just turned backwards. It doesn't affect the performance of the sight so I guess I can live with it. I think I'll use this for a while then maybe get a fixed one to see which i like better. 2012-08-06_17-57-46_454.jpg2012-08-06_17-57-13_680.jpg

im using a magpul mbus sights and had no issues. people worry they could melt but unless you are ripping through 30 round mags on full auto i dont see it happening.

He's got a low profile gas block. The magpul MBUS wouldn't work as it's too low. Also - knowing how hot my gas block and barrel gets, I'd rather have a metal sight than a plastic up front! Melted plastic is a **** to remove!

He's got a low profile gas block. The magpul MBUS wouldn't work as it's too low. Also - knowing how hot my gas block and barrel gets, I'd rather have a metal sight than a plastic up front! Melted plastic is a **** to remove!

I have the same problem but found a yankee hill maufacturing gas block riser...brings the mbus up to correct height..and no issues at all with plastic melting

im using a magpul mbus sights and had no issues. people worry they could melt but unless you are ripping through 30 round mags on full auto i dont see it happening.

I heard that too but isn't the height way off?

Edit: I just seen krdshrk's post saying the same thing

I have the same problem but found a yankee hill maufacturing gas block riser...brings the mbus up to correct height..and no issues at all with plastic melting

How much was that? Seems like a PITA when you could just buy a gas block height