MedicYeti

Hypathetical question, magazine capacity

I have a bit of paranoia regarding my magazines, each time I get a new mag, the first thing I do is load it fully. If it holds 15 rounds, I try like heck to get a 16th in there.

I don't know what I would do if I could get a 16th in there, especially if the 16th fit fine and would still function in the gun.

My first instinct would be to destroy the magazine, figuring replacement would be much cheaper then a lawyer.

What are your thoughts? Would you send the mag back? Hide it away until blocking it? Where does the responsibility lie if the mag was advertised as a 15 rounder and you receive a 16 rounder?

IMHO, if it's a 15 round magazine and the springs get a little loose, it's still a 15 round magazine. There are 15 dots in the window. You bought it as a 15 round magazine.

But if you can fit a 16th round in there, then your springs are losing their tension should probably be replaced. You can buy new springs for a couple of bucks from the manufacturer or from Wolf.

Ideally, the follower should contact the base/plate to restrict capacity. The spring should not be the restrictor.

Yeah? What do you know about it!??!!

:tomato:

Kidding. Seriously, listen to PK90. Many of us would consider him to be the definitive expert on the subject.