deadeye74

Muzzle Loader Shopping

Who in South Jersey has a half way decent selection of black powder rifles? I'm starting to shop for my first black powder purchase and was hoping to find someplace with a decent selection to put my hands on.

What's the deal with purchasing a muzzle loader rifle online? I'm assuming they still need to ship to a FFL. Are used black powder guns something to steer away from?

illegal to have shipped to your door.

I suggest taking a ride to PA and hitting walmarts and maybe cabelas. They're not even guns in the rest of the country...any store can sell them and its legal for you to buy and bring back

This times 1,000,000

Go to a PA Wal Mart. They can be had for under 300. Plus they have a decent selection. All you do is find one you like, and have the guy unlock the chain.

If your interested in Flint or percussion then you have to go to Dixions by kutztown. Its amazing how much muzzleloader stuff they have!

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

And don't forget to buy REAL black powder, especially for a flintlock!

Dixon's is the Black Powder HQ for BOTH NMLRA Charter Clubs that I belong to and shoot with!

Dave

NRA Distinguished Expert Muzzleloading Rifle

Yes if the barrel is interchangeable its not considered a muzzle loader. If your going to P.A. cabelas gander ect.. its simple behind the counter is paperwork on the shelf it's considered a pipe or a pack of gum. Buy all of them if you like no issues. Not sure about N.Y.with muzzl loaders maybe someone can clarify that for me.. but I know pellet guns are the same way in NY. Its like a pack of smokes. Good luck tell us what you decide on.