mattio41

Paracord Rifle Slings

I have been playing with Paracord, and researching a few different projects. Anyways, I figured i would search for a Paracord rifle Sling project. Anyways, while watching a video, Somebody was doing a review of this company. after checking it out. Much easier to just buy it from them. probably would cost me equal in amount of material. And besides, their stuff looks great. and for what I can tell, it seams like most items fall into about 45.00 plus the shipping.

Anyways, thought I would share what I found if anybody else was interested.

http://www.sandstormcustomrifleslings.com/index.htm

34.jpg

111.jpg

550 cord (even the "specialty" stuff, like reflective or GITD) isn't that expensive. You can find decent deals online, especially if you buy it in 500 ft. spools (but even then usually <$10 for 100ft.) You can find hardware online too, or even sometimes in Lowes or camping/outdoor stores (for example Campmor has some basic hardware).

It should cost you WAY less than $45 to weave a sling, but it'll take some time. I weaved a 6" dog leash that used about 30 - 35 feet of cord and a heavy duty snaplink. Probably cost about $12 and an hour and a half of my time (about $25 if labor is making minimum wage) . (I was going to braid/weave/whatever myself a sling for my AR, but I ran out of black 550 cord.)

Yes, I am aware it will not cost me 45 in material. Time and material to learn these special weaves. Yes!

Now if these were $150!!! You damn bet i would be learning how to do it. My point is they are cheap enough to order exactly what you want.

Whoops! Meant 6' (feet) not 6". (Silly "shift" key got in the way of my fat fingers.)

lol! its all good. damn tho 6 feet, you got some quick fingers unless your doing a simple weave. It used to braid hemp back in highschool, and it would take a couple hours to get it just right, and that's just a necklace.

Hey everyone,

I recently saw on our analytics we were getting a lot of hits from njgunforums, I like to keep up on what people are saying about us, and make sure if there are problems that aren't being relayed to me that I can address them and get them fixed.

Not here to advertise, but just want to let you all know if you have any questions, feel free to contact us. I try to get back to people asap, and if ya'll have any request we can work with you to meet them.

Yes, sorry it was a little bit of advertising, but promise that will be all

Take care,

Zac Fields

Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings

[email protected]