SgtToadette

Interesting experience with 5.11

A few weeks back, 5.11 Tactical had sent out an email offering 20% off any purchase on their online store. I decided to take advantage of the offer and grab a few things I've been needing. I ordered replacement Ortholite insoles, new boot laces, and a MOLLE compatible med pouch for use on my range backpack.

So I order the stuff, it gets shipped, and the arrival date is set for October 2nd.

You can expect my surprise when I walk outside and see a large package that weighs about 25-30 pounds. In my curiosity, I open the package and find several hundred bucks worth of product and a packing list made out to a uniform supply store in AL. I call 5.11 and they're as surprised as I am. I spoke with a lovely woman named Patty and we quickly determined there was a packing sticker mix-up.

FedEx is coming tomorrow to pick up the package I received and 5.11 is express shipping me the items I had ordered with a free knife thrown in.

This isn't the craziest or most interesting story in the world, but I'm not someone who considers myself particularly brand loyal, with the only exceptions being 5.11 Tactical and FourSevens. Dealing with 5.11 in this instance really drove home the reasons why I love them so much. They make some of the best clothing and tactical gear on the planet and really stand behind their product. Even in situations like this, they strive to make things right and I'm proud to continue my business with them.

Is it just me or are their sizes really big? I'm 6'2", 220 pounds, and I ordered a "Large" shirt. I'm pretty sure I can use it to conceal-carry a full-size 1911, my new freeze-ray gun, and Anthony GunForHire at the same time. Are they just trying to make me feel skinny? I feel guilty. There are poor kids running around naked in Africa and I bought a $12 shirt that can cover the Superdome. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me?

Usually their shirts are tight to the body, the polos are ment to be long so you can tuck them in and not come undone easily. With that said, I havent had a problem any sizing issues with them. I am rather pissed off though that my brand new polo got puked on today within 60 mins of me taking the tag off....

They are great. I ordered a pair of boots from them that were my size but wound up being very tight after I wore them a few times. They took them back no questions asked and sent me a larger size. Great products and service.