cnb

Greetings from Essex County!

Hi everybody,

My name's Chris and I'm from Essex County. I'm looking to get my license and do a bit of shooting! I prefer rimfire mostly.

As for shooting background, I'm an Eagle Scout and I have the rifle and shotgun shooting merit badges (shotgun was excruciating to finish!).

I hope to get a good little .22 rifle, likely a Marlin, and maybe someday a S&W .22 revolver.

Could someone guide me through the licensing process, where/how to buy a gun, and good places to shoot in the area?

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Group.... I love RimFire.. Cheap and easy to fire... You can spend hours just plucking away without making a dent in your pocket!.

To get your permits just contact your Local PD and ask for the firearms unit or Firearms Officer, just follow their instructions. Its a simple process. Time is what is the difference from one town to another. for shooting ranges i cant help you as im from central jersey.

Im sure there are some Great shops where you can purchase your first firearm... in fact just look up! PK90 might be your man!