Sign in to follow this  
eckoblazer

Do I need a pistol permit for this situation?

So I am currently out of pistol permits but have my FID. My grandfather in PA wants to either sell or give me his 1911 since he no longer has a need for it. He does not have transportation so either myself of my father would be picking up the pistol from him. I have time so could get a pistol permit but unsure if it is necessary. If I get one I assume I just take the pistol from his house directly to my local gun store and have them fill out my permit for a transfer? Wasn't sure the best approach and like I said I have time so would like to do it as correct as possible. Thanks in advanced.

So I am currently out of pistol permits but have my FID. My grandfather in PA wants to either sell or give me his 1911 since he no longer has a need for it. He does not have transportation so either myself of my father would be picking up the pistol from him. I have time so could get a pistol permit but unsure if it is necessary. If I get one I assume I just take the pistol from his house directly to my local gun store and have them fill out my permit for a transfer? Wasn't sure the best approach and like I said I have time so would like to do it as correct as possible. Thanks in advanced.

Unless your grandfather passes away and wills the 1911 to you, you will need a pistol permit. Once you have obtained the pistol permit have someone in PA box up and ship the pistol to your FFL in NJ. Make sure your FFL knows it is coming.

Once it is at the FFL, you will execute the PP like normal.

Unless your grandfather passes away and wills the 1911 to you, you will need a pistol permit. Once you have obtained the pistol permit have someone in PA box up and ship the pistol to your FFL in NJ. Make sure your FFL knows it is coming.

Once it is at the FFL, you will execute the PP like normal.

Thanks for the quick reply! Off to the police station for paper work ugh

You need a permit. You can't bring it to a jersey dealer unless grandpa isbin the car with you. If thats not possible it must be shipped to the ffl.

I'll make the drive out and just ship it to the FFl myself, I'll just have him ride along while I drive to the shipping location. Thanks

Why not get just one permit? Then you can come on here, like most people, and **** and moan about the entire permit process. Post up your time line, tell us who said what, how the PD is rude, so busy to answer your questions, yada yada yada.. Tell us what extra forms they require, how bad the gun laws are, etc.

Why not get just one permit? Then you can come on here, like most people, and **** and moan about the entire permit process. Post up your time line, tell us who said what, how the PD is rude, so busy to answer your questions, yada yada yada.. Tell us what extra forms they require, how bad the gun laws are, etc.

Lol...I guess you are tired of hearing about it too.

Haha, definitely not my first time doing the process I knew moving to this state how it is. I made my choice coming here so I can't complain about the process(coming from someone who moved here from PA)

Only downside to getting 3 is now I will have 2 addition permits that I am sure will get used and the safe is running out of room lol

Lol...I guess you are tired of hearing about it too.

You guys could always just not read those posts. Just saying...

You guys could always just not read those posts. Just saying...

I'm sure its hard for 2 of the most active members to avoid those posts, especially when they are so common. It does get a little old hearing the same ol thing over and over.

You can join NJ2AS, you can contact your CLEO, you can do everything short of camping on the front lawn of the local PD.

If the LEO in charge of permits doesn't want to do his job, you're F'ed, plain and simple!

Nothing you can do but leave NJ..or learn to enjoy waiting

Tell me how you really feel?