Sign in to follow this  
FishNJ

Muzzle Comp/Brake for 22LR AR Upper?

Just curious, but what would be the benefit? My experience was with a 15-22 that I owned that had a crowned barrel. I had the choice to get one with a muzzle device/threads, but just didn't see the point-- other then aesthetics, which if that's the case, that's fine, I can understand that.

With how dirty .22 is, I'd either throw on a muzzle nut or a brake that is really easy to clean. Muzzle nut will prob be best.

Unless you have a plan for cleaning the deivce you have on there, keep this in mind. FYI, the rainier short comp leaves the crown exposed and you can reach everything to clean it. It's also marginally effective as a comp for .223, so the fact that you aren't asking much of it is a good thing.

I put a Cav-Comp on mine..cheapest one out there and already drilled for the pin. Index it, dimple the threads with a hand drill, drive in the roll pin, and a spot of weld over the top... done in 15 minutes Every 6 months or so dip the whole thing in champions choice lead solvent for about 10 min, then scrub it with a brass brush, and brake cleaner.