rtquig

AWB - All or just certain Calibers?

So you're justifying becoming a felon in this case and dissing someone because they wouldn't do the same?

felon in who's eyes? A over bearing Government that see's the 2A and it's supporters as the enemy? Why don't you just sell your "evil guns" and take a walk.

felon in who's eyes? A over bearing Government that see's the 2A and it's supporters as the enemy? Why don't you just sell your "evil guns" and take a walk.

A felon in the eyes of the people that will incarcerate you. That's all that would matter and stand between you and your freedom to not be in jail. I think your missing my point or I'm not articulate it clearly enough.

A felon in the eyes of the people that will incarcerate you. That's all that would matter and stand between you and your freedom to not be in jail. I think your missing my point or I'm not articulate it clearly enough.

no, i got your point. your spinless

I served my country and swore to protect it from enemies foreign and DOMESTIC.

#1. We don't know what a new AWB will look like. Heck, we don't even know if that is one of the things this "commission" may dream up. I

#2. The government gets a bug up its a$$ and tries to ban certain calibers every once in a while. I remember when hollow points were called "Cop killer bullets." There was a halfhearted attempt at banning 5.7mm and the Five SeveN pistol after the Ft. Hood shooting. Caliber bans don't go over too well. California succeed in banning .50 Caliber rifles.

#3. Back after the NJ AWB, you basically had a short window to register the guns with the state or sell them out of state. I think that fewer than 2000 weapons were registered.

#4. I don't remember a lot of AK's or M-16's back before the original NJ AWB. The Ruger Mini-14 was probably the most popular .223 rifle. For the most part, the AR-15s were all 20" full-sized Colts. AR-15's were expensive (I want to say about $1,500 - $1,800) and I think only Colt and Bushmaster were around, which is why the Mini-14 was so popular. You could get one for $800, which is almost touching what an AR Costs now. The original AWB was a solution in search of a problem, the rifles weren't that popular to being with, which is probably why it was so easy to ban them.

#1. Correct..while Feinswine has posted HER AWB every year since 2004, we have no idea what this commission will come up with..and a word about this commission..it MAY Help more than it hurts...time is our friend..the longer they take to come up with something, the more the current hysteria dies down, and the more people become concerned again with who whichever Kardashian sister is banging this week, and who is hosting American Idol.

#2. California banned .50BMG..we WOULD have had the .50BMG (actually ANY centerfire ,50 round) here except the Legislature got cute and broke its promise to the Hunters..about the only time in my memory that ALL NJ gun owners have ever actually gotten together on any subject.

#3. Correct again..MOST people just sold them since we all assumed that there would be a law requireing confiscation within a year or two. IIRC your number of registration sis VERY generalus..i thought it was under 500. Most people just sold them off, or sent them to live with family Out of State.

#4...Ummm No the prices were nowhere near that bad My NIB Ar-15 A2 HBAR cost be IIRC around $650 in 1988. I also had picked up a Hungarian Underfolder AK for under $200 used (Which is worth STUPID money today sinc ethey only imported a few hundred). That said you didnt have ANYTHING like the variety in AR's that we have today, while there were Kits out there, they were strictly GI kits, and I dont recall too many Lowers available. AK's were actually quite common, because they were cheap before the Norinco ban, an NIB AK was around $200, and SKS were around $150..and the Ammo was even cheaper. The Rifles were VERY popular because they were cheap to shoot..even HK's and AUGs were more affordable at the time..Just about every shop had SOME form od ARs on the shelves and most also had HK 91/93/94's on the shelves as well... Of course that's also before HK decided that we (Civilians) Sucked and they hate us. What the legislature DIDNT count on was the number of people that would get pissed about the ban and go out of their way to buy Compliant AR's..and then as Building became more popular and more and more various components and choices were available the AR market exploded.