Polak

NICS still taking 8 years to transfer a firearm?

I just called again and was told it hasn't gone through to the state yet,whatever the f*ck thats suppose to mean. I paid 1030am on Wed and im getting pissed especially when i see a bunch of people getting 24-48 turn around times

I feel your pain ! 8 days i waited

2 weeks & "40 miles out of my way" ago to a dealer only to find out NICS was down, not even doing any paperwork.

Last Tuesday anther 40 miles to do paperwork and pay, only to find out there is still a wait.

Tuesday morning around 10 for the fax out, got a call Thursday morning that it was approved, so 2 days wait.

Another 40 miles on Saturday to pick up. Waited a few extra minutes while they calculated several times the days on my permit - 89 days ..................

2 weeks & "40 miles out of my way" ago to a dealer only to find out NICS was down, not even doing any paperwork.

Last Tuesday anther 40 miles to do paperwork and pay, only to find out there is still a wait.

Tuesday morning around 10 for the fax out, got a call Thursday morning that it was approved, so 2 days wait.

Another 40 miles on Saturday to pick up. Waited a few extra minutes while they calculated several times the days on my permit - 89 days ..................

With all due respect, I would have called prior to traveling that distance, especially knowing how things have been since the election and tragic events.

With all due respect, I would have called prior to traveling that distance, especially knowing how things have been since the election and tragic events.

Yep, you would think.

But, I would have to say the dealer was less then stellar when it came to answering emails, returning phone calls or giving out info.

When I finally got the message that the item was in, I was not told NICS was down, could have just been a delay from phone call to travel. But, with the confusion involved, their reaction was to just not do any paperwork, go home come back another day.

I was not told, nor did I even think to ask when I called again, if there was a delay in processing now that NICS was operational again.

This is new for a lot of us, and the first time I have had any issues since my FID card was issued 7/7/76

you guys are freaking me out!

I lived out west for 16 years, bought, sold, traded countless guns in countless LGS's in that time and never waited more than an hour (less prior to AWB) to walk out with anything.

I moved here 11 years ago and I'm just not getting back into the shooting game after my divorce. So I applied for my FID and still waiting after almost three months for approval which is unacceptable but I have to live with. NOW I see you guys talking about waiting days and sometimes weeks for NICS approvals, WTH!!! This should all be done on the computer and bypass any humans...

One guy mentioned buying a rifle in PA, since its a longgun purchased out of state by you, do you still need to do paperwork in NJ?

On a side note, anyone want to buy my house and business so I can move the heck out of this state?

It's only been since the election and tragic events that caused this delays and it's not solely a "you guys in NJ thing". It's a national issue right now. Prior to that (as little as a few months ago) a NICS check was handle within a couple minutes on a single phone call.

Yep, you would think.

But, I would have to say the dealer was less then stellar when it came to answering emails, returning phone calls or giving out info.

When I finally got the message that the item was in, I was not told NICS was down, could have just been a delay from phone call to travel. But, with the confusion involved, their reaction was to just not do any paperwork, go home come back another day.

I was not told, nor did I even think to ask when I called again, if there was a delay in processing now that NICS was operational again.

This is new for a lot of us, and the first time I have had any issues since my FID card was issued 7/7/76

Wow it would have been something if you FID was issued on 1/7/76. I'm a card holder since 1981 LOL

It's only been since the election and tragic events that caused this delays and it's not solely a "you guys in NJ thing". It's a national issue right now. Prior to that (as little as a few months ago) a NICS check was handle within a couple minutes on a single phone call.

correct.. usually less then 5 min.

you guys are freaking me out!

I lived out west for 16 years, bought, sold, traded countless guns in countless LGS's in that time and never waited more than an hour (less prior to AWB) to walk out with anything.

I moved here 11 years ago and I'm just not getting back into the shooting game after my divorce. So I applied for my FID and still waiting after almost three months for approval which is unacceptable but I have to live with. NOW I see you guys talking about waiting days and sometimes weeks for NICS approvals, WTH!!! This should all be done on the computer and bypass any humans...

One guy mentioned buying a rifle in PA, since its a longgun purchased out of state by you, do you still need to do paperwork in NJ?

No.

On a side note, anyone want to buy my house and business so I can move the heck out of this state? No Thanks :)

Thanks for the info.

BTW, it is a very profitable business and the house is way over taxed, are you sure your not interested?

Power washing, soft washing and roof cleaning, we just started solar panel cleaning this year.

BTW, I picked up my FID today, WooooHoooo - Now I need to find a LGS thats not sold out, LOL