danshots

Gunshop Inventories

I'm looking to hear if there is any scuttlebutt out there about gunshops getting their inventories back up (with respect to AR-15's). I'm looking to get my hands on an AR-15 (just a basic beginner one; it'll be my first rifle), and I know the timing couldn't be any worse. I was at Shore Shot this past Thursday and they were completely wiped out. One of the guys behind the counter told me that it sounded like things were beginning to calm down and that they'll have their inventory back up within a week or 2.

So I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything at all about inventories being back up or the chances of being able to shop for an AR in the near future. Thanks.

Just like gunguy1960, I'm hearing it could be a few months before most local shops have ARs on the rack. I was at Lou's in Raritan on Friday and Heritage in branchburg and both had the same response, "weeks".

Now I know most people have mixed opinions about Heritage in Branchburg, but the two guys and lady I dealt with were nice enough to explain to me why they thought "weeks". Their response was, given the uncertainty in the pending new gun legislation most local shops will be opting to not order anything new that they may not be able to sell. To me that sounded like fair response. Take from that what you want; I'm just sharing some info...

Read an article today were shop owners were told up to 6 months. Not sure what manufactuers they were speaking off but the article also said they manufactuers clamied they were hiring more employees and purchasing tooling to keep up. To me that sounds like a good think aside from the long wait for stock.