Combat Auto

Results of our Poll on who contacted their Politicians so far RE: Feinstien Bill

So far only 45 people have achnowledge they contacted thier politicians about the Horrible Feinstein Bill (612 have viwed the thread)...(see this thread under "General Firearm Discussions": Poll: If you have contacted Politicians about Feinstein Ban - please post here.)

This is not very good folks....I'm guessing there are thousonds of members? Anyone know?

I find this result rather odd, given what is at stake and how much discussion we have had on these kinds of issue - especially since the CT shooting.

Only 45 people???

Anyone care to offer a reason why (cause I can't figure it out)?

Start a new topic, on the top right is a place where you can enter actual poll questions. This might be the easiest way to do it, rather than having to tally up numbers in posts.

Also, people posting up that they wrote can be hindered by the fatalists that say writing emails is "worthless".

I wrote to the President, all my Senators, Feinstein, Representative Cryan and sent a physical letter to Biden (only because the WH online form letter only allowed so many characters).

As my brother keeps telling me. "Many people say they are pro 2A but they just roll over like dogs as soon as the water gets rough."

Sometime I think many people feel someone else will fight their fight but as long as they whine and moan and tell the anti's how stupid they sound they are doing their part.

All I can say is if you haven't written them yet. Do it! It is your obligation as an American to take part in the evolution and definition of this country. Writing a letter may sound useless but if officials see an overwhelming response in favor or against something they will consider that because that means votes and votes mean jobs.

I don't waste my time with that. I've contacted representatives before, it is useless. They don't care. I've even got a reply saying they felt something was unconstitutional, but it had some other good stuff in the bill, so voted for it anyways. So what is the point.

Well, all I can say is that all the commiserating that we do on the forumn (to each other) isn't going to do a bit of good unless we direct it at the right people.

I am not trying to mind anyone's business by this poll - just a simple measure of how involved we "really" are and willingness to protect our rights...

We need to get "outraged and offended" by that thing Feinstein has floated....The Left gets outraged and offended (ie showing passion) all the time..OBama himself gets outraged and offended alot...And it has been working for them over last few years...In general, the Left shows much more passion then the Right on their key issues...The Right needs to adapt that more (Tea party where are you?)...They have Oboma we have Bainer...Who would you put your money on...Obama, if nothing else is a steet fighter, passionate, goes for jugiliar...We have none of that in the current generation of Politicians on the Right...Maybe when Mark Orubio comes into his own we will see this.

I don't waste my time with that. I've contacted representatives before, it is useless. They don't care. I've even got a reply saying they felt something was unconstitutional, but it had some other good stuff in the bill, so voted for it anyways. So what is the point.

The point is your one letter doesn't mean much if anything. But if every member on this forum, their wives, children of legal age, and friends send letters that's a lot of votes. That is all these people care about is votes. Because they can't be bought by special interest if they don't have a job.

Start a new topic, on the top right is a place where you can enter actual poll questions. This might be the easiest way to do it, rather than having to tally up numbers in posts.

Also, people posting up that they wrote can be hindered by the fatalists that say writing emails is "worthless".

I wrote to the President, all my Senators, Feinstein, Representative Cryan and sent a physical letter to Biden (only because the WH online form letter only allowed so many characters).

I just did this though I had it done but the result just disapeared (I don't see the poll. It is a good idea do you want to try it? (just yes or no - Did you contact politicians about Feinstein Bill?)

While away for the holidays, I sent a duplicate e-mail & letter in the mail to the President & all representatives. I received one response from Joseph Cryan (Sent from his iPad) and a few auto-responses from others.

I did not participate in the poll nor do I feel that it will give anyone an accurate estimate of who is speaking up in the gun community. I know of many people, not a part of any forums, that have already spent hours making calls.