Ten Tenth's

What if 1 million gun owners in NJ simultaneously applied for CCW?

With the old fashioned paper process, they wouldn't be able to even read/input all the the apps in 60 days. Plus each denial requires an explanation from the denying party (CLEO/Judge, etc). Then there is the right to appeal to the courts....

It would obviously gum up the system with massive delays, and not a single F**K would be given by NJ. It has already been legislated from the bench that NJ is not legally bound to follow time frames as outlined in the firearms statutes.

The best outcome of this would be any press coverage ,along with further ammunition on how NJ's claim that they do not trample on 2A rights by having a CCW permit process is a farce since 99.999% of the applications would be denied.

I read somewhere that the state has 60 days to deny a CCW application or it is automatically approved. So what if 1 million gun owners in NJ applied all the same time? I would be hard pressed to believe the state or judge have the manpower to deny 1 million applications in 60 days.

The State will be shamed by it's inadequacies.

I'd be down to join a part of this plan. We don't even need the whole state to do it, just one town.

I read somewhere that the state has 60 days to deny a CCW application or it is automatically approved. So what if 1 million gun owners in NJ applied all the same time? I would be hard pressed to believe the state or judge have the manpower to deny 1 million applications in 60 days.

"Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light"

I instantly thought of egon spengler

Pretty ambitious. You couldn't get 1,000 people in this State to show up for a pro-gun rally let alone 1 million apply for CCW.

Really. Would have been nice to see 1000000 more gun owners on Election Day in this state show up and vote who believe in their rights also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the old fashioned paper process, they wouldn't be able to even read/input all the the apps in 60 days. Plus each denial requires an explanation from the denying party (CLEO/Judge, etc). Then there is the right to appeal to the courts....

It would obviously gum up the system with massive delays, and not a single F**K would be given by NJ. It has already been legislated from the bench that NJ is not legally bound to follow time frames as outlined in the firearms statutes.

The best outcome of this would be any press coverage ,along with further ammunition on how NJ's claim that they do not trample on 2A rights by having a CCW permit process is a farce since 99.999% of the applications would be denied.

Blanket statement issue of "Justifiable Need for the following permits (Followed by an alphabetical list) was not found as per Judge Doe"

The other problem told to me by my local pd. " if you apply for a ccw permit and are denied you must select yes for being denied firearms in the past on all future firearms, pp paperwork" which at the very least would slow up any handgun permits if not deny you outright.

I would never apply for CCW in NJ because it would be denied, and for the rest of my life I'd need to check "yes" next to "have you ever been denied a gun permit".

No thanks.

...and then? I don't see how them denying you for a CCW can really affect you any other way. Just write down: "did not show justifiable need for CCW" or something. It's not like you become a prohibited person by being denied.

I would never apply for CCW in NJ because it would be denied, and for the rest of my life I'd need to check "yes" next to "have you ever been denied a gun permit".

No thanks.

There is a difference between being denied by a corrupt political system who found no justifiable need.

And.

Being denied because you were a threat to yourself or others.

As Reagan said once, let the voters vote with their feet. I would if I could move out of NJ.

NJ isn't perfect by a long shot, but moving is a PITA for a lot of people. Do I give up my nice job, home, nice town, friends, family, all so I can carry a gun or have a 30 round magazine? Ideally, I'd like both.