sum1one

NJ resident Face to Face purchase while in the Military stationed in WV

I am an active duty military member stationed in WV, my home of record is NJ. I am looking to purchase a handgun from a friend, this will more than likely be a "handshake deal, as there is no paperwork involved. My question is 1, is this legal, and 2 is there anything I should do, or am required to do after completing the purchase and returning to NJ?

I'll nitpik a little here and go further saying make sure the mags themselves are NJ legal-15rds or less. Also get smart on the transportation laws, FOPA & NJ. We have a great Laws sticky here. BTW- my son is stationed in NC and I am in fact encouraging him to get a hg down there before his time is up, already got a nice AR

Active military at their permanent duty station may purchase firearms in that state. They must adhere to the laws of that state. Since WV FTF transfers are A-ok, you're A-ok.

This.^^

If you should come back to NJ, nothing is needed other then adhering to NJ's dumb laws(15rd limit). Registration is not required.

A friend of mine's son is in the Coast Guard stationed in Virginia. He has had problems purchasing down there because his DL is still NJ, so his son applied for a NJ FID while home for the holidays.

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD