Sign in to follow this  
REQUIEMnJADED4U

First gun shop experience was awful at Ramsey Outdoors

I must look like a douche or something. I get the same attitude from almost every firearm sales counter I visit in NJ. I don't dress like a thug or even wear jeans or sweatpants when I go out. I'm always smiling and keep my knowledge to myself when shopping for firearms. For some reason I have almost never been able to connect with the people behind the gun counter. The only place I have a good connection with is Heritage in Branchburg. Living in NM I always had a good experience with the gun stores. NJ seems to have a lot of "I used to be a cop so I know more then anyone here" salesmen. I don't know, could be me. I continue to smile purchase what I want when I get the person that wants to sell it.

I must look like a douche or something. I get the same attitude from almost every firearm sales counter I visit in NJ. I don't dress like a thug or even wear jeans or sweatpants when I go out. I'm always smiling and keep my knowledge to myself when shopping for firearms. For some reason I have almost never been able to connect with the people behind the gun counter. The only place I have a good connection with is Heritage in Branchburg. Living in NM I always had a good experience with the gun stores. NJ seems to have a lot of "I used to be a cop so I know more then anyone here" salesmen. I don't know, could be me. I continue to smile purchase what I want when I get the person that wants to sell it.

It ain't you. If you aren't a regular in the shop or go with a friend that is, you get the treatment.

Here is a pretty good take on the average (NOT ALL) gun shop counter guy:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got ignored at Ramsey Outdoors - Paramus as well. I went to the one in Ramsey, but it was a zoo, so I left. I went to Meltzer's and a pleasant older gentleman helped my out and answered all of my dumb newbie questions. The following day when I went to pick up my first gun (Beretta Px4), the original guy was not there, but nother older gentleman took care of me. Both were extremely nice and I would definitely shop there again.

I also used to live in NM, I was a regular at Rons. I have got to get back out there and away from NJ!!

agree 100% paramus BLOWS. I went there hoping to check out some ak's (way before the buying frenzy) and when i asked when they would be getting more the old guy starting acting like a dick. Totally unnecessary. I refuse to buy anything from that store ever again.