Babyface Finster

Magtech ammo especially dirty?

Is Magtech extra dirty or did I just get a bad box?

I had a box of Magtech .38 special ammo lying around and threw it in the range bag along with everything else yesterday. After shooting a bunch of UMC, I loaded up the GP100 with the Magtech. First shot surprised me. Huge brown cloud out of the muzzleand the same from around the cylinder. Same for each shot. Reloaded and shot six more. Same story. I decided I didn't need to breathe that crap or dirty up my gun any further so I packed up.

Is this a fluke or typical? Felt like I was shooting a blunderbuss.

Especially dirty? Nah. I've shot a good amount of it as it's cheap and it's shot fine.

At the same time, I never understand when people say this shoots dirtier than that. You still have to clean your gun so in the end, I don't feel it matters. But that's just me!

Especially dirty? Nah. I've shot a good amount of it as it's cheap and it's shot fine.

At the same time, I never understand when people say this shoots dirtier than that. You still have to clean your gun so in the end, I don't feel it matters. But that's just me!

It's not so easy to clean out your lungs and nasal passages. That's my main concern. A visible cloud that hangs in the air after each shot can't be good.

It's better than federal target .38 in my opinion, was hacking up powder for an entire day after shooting 100 rounds of federal. Not so bad with Magtec.....first revolver so I'm still shocked just how dirty the ammo is compared to auto loaders.

I just bought several boxes of magtech and very third round or so failed to eject. Never had a problem with the Sig prior to this. I've probably put 1500 rounds through it without issue. I'm going to give it one ore try this week and if its still a problem ill call the manufacturer.

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The .38 special from mag tech is lead and lead when shot is smokey and dirty it's the lube burning off after firing find some fmj and things will change sometimes and it looks funny but I don't care I wear a full blown respirator at the range, every bit helps

I think it might be the revolver load vs. cartridge pistol load. Revolver loads have more powder to burn than cartridge pistol loads, so therefore they produce more combustion byproducts.