This follows the post in the for sale forum that was locked.

I did post the first "I will take it" and sent off a pm to the seller.

I also pm'd another user who asked to split the ammo and agreed to do so.

in my PM i said i could not come today but would advise of what day this week i could make... which fit in with the verbage in his ad.

He responded that he got a PM from another local user who wants it and he is going to contact them. I DID respond with "ok".

What the heck was i supposed to say? "you sell to me or else"? or "forget my job and my children who i have to pick up tonight im coming to JC"?

So its tough for me to understand when you say you agree with me that the first "i will take it" gets it when all things are equal... Had you asked for payment i would have sent immediately.

This has nothing to do with not price gouging either.

IMO "i will take it" is the basis of how forum classifieds have worked for as long as i can remember and i have been using/running forums for 8 years. Its sort of an unwritten rule.

while i applaud you for not price gouging i think you violated rule #8. "Lastly... don't be a douche. Honor your commitments.

I have bought and sold many items on here and have and always will honor the "I will take it" rule.

Thanks.

If you had a deal with him and then he backed out, I can see this being warranted. Otherwise, it's not.

I personally feel that the first I will take it should get it. In the same right, I feel buyers should not post I will take it unless they will complete the sale. In this example, buyers won't post I will take it to buy time to see if they want it. I also think people who don't honor the I will take it or sell to the first I will take it should be banned.

That being said, I have been told many times in this forum that the seller can sell to whom ever they wish. Those are the rules. Kman didn't violate a rule on this forum and I feel this is unwarranted.

define for me when you "have a deal".

IMO the "i will take it", and a follow up PM saying "hey i won the ammo, i will let you know later what day im coming" means we had a deal.

I didn't ask a question about the item, i didn't lowball him, i didnt make an offer.

if the ad said must be picked up today.. i would not have even offered to buy it.

Im a man of my word and expect others to be as well.

My guess is 85% of people on here would have sold to the first person who said "i will take it" and followed up with a PM... and my guess is you bry@n would be one of them!

I agree if the add said I need to move this today or be local it's a wash.

I do know I have missed some things and one just a few days ago to J0n, but that's because I told the seller I would take it, but I couldn't pick up right away and if they had someone who could I'd be cool with them selling to them to fit their schedule and what they wanted better.

Over all no rules were broken with what this thread is about, but I'm a big believer in what goes around comes around and conduct myself accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

define for me when you "have a deal".

IMO the "i will take it", and a follow up PM saying "hey i won the ammo, i will let you know later what day im coming" means we had a deal.

I didn't ask a question about the item, i didn't lowball him, i didnt make an offer.

if the ad said must be picked up today.. i would not have even offered to buy it.

Im a man of my word and expect others to be as well.

My guess is 85% of people on here would have sold to the first person who said "i will take it" and followed up with a PM... and my guess is you bry@n would be one of them!

I would be one and I know for a fact your a stand up guy. I guess my point is a little skewed because I have had so many people flake lately, so I wanna tend to deal with the first come, first serve crowd. I do however see your point and it's happened to me before. I was first to say I would take a lower from tossed, he sold it to somebody down south that was closer and an easier deal. It happens.

I agree if the add said I need to move this today or be local it's a wash.

I do know I have missed some things and one just a few days ago to J0n, but that's because I told the seller I would take it, but I couldn't pick up right away and if they had someone who could I'd be cool with them selling to them to fit their schedule and what they wanted better.

Over all no rules were broken with what this thread is about, but I'm a big believer in what goes around comes around and conduct myself accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry I think we are on the same plain, but the rules are the rules. I think they should be different but can't fault the guy.

If the seller had made a deal with you, and then re-negged on that deal, you would have a legitimate gripe. As far as the current rules of this website are concerned, you can sell to whomever you wish. "I'll take it" does not mean a seller MUST sell to you.

In the bottom of this posting is a copy and paste of my PM exchange with destinydog. He said "OK" when I said that I was going to sell to the guy who was right here. I don't feel like I have been unfair to anyone involved. Note destinydog never said "Hey, I was first, I can come to Jersey City on [specific date specific time]". No, he said "OK". Now he is complaining and giving me bad feedback. It was OK to him then, he didn't object then, and then afterward it isn't OK. And he says that I went back on my word?

I think this is primarily because I put 1000 rounds of good ammo for sale at a reasonable price when everyone else is sold out, instead of jacking my price up a hundred bucks. This ammo would have sold for $500 easy given current availability, probably even higher than that. This is not a unique item, like a specific gun that destinydog really wanted to have or something, that cannot be replaced. This is regular commercially available ammo. If Destinydog wants Federal XM193, he can buy it at the store, same ammo. If he wants Wolf .223 55 grain FMJ, he can buy it at the store, same thing. I don't feel that this heat I am taking is justified here.

My PMs with Destinydog are copied below so everything is clear and in the open.

--

Destinydog

NJGF Regular

• Premier Member
  • 661 posts

• LocationMt. Olive
  • Home Range:East Bangor

Sent Yesterday, 03:04 PM

Hi,

I will get back to you later today with a pickup. I am considering splitting it with the second poster and sent him a PM, i know its tough to come by so why not help out another shooter. I will be in touch shortly.

kman

NJGF Member

• Premier Member
  • 142 posts

• LocationJersey City, NJ
  • Home Range:Easton Fish and Game, PA

Sent Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Ok let me know. There's another guy who wants it who PMed right after you. Do you think you can get here today?

I have a driveway out front of my place so you don't have to worry about parking. I'll be here all day. Text me when you know when you are coming. 201-362-1022

kman

NJGF Member

• Premier Member
  • 142 posts

Sent Yesterday, 03:13 PM

Please get back to me soonest, I just got a text from someone who is in Jersey City right now and wants to pick up right now, so if you want me to hold it for you, please give me an indication you will be here today. 201-362-1022

Destinydog

NJGF Regular

• Premier Member
  • 661 posts

• LocationMt. Olive

Sent Yesterday, 03:19 PM

I wont make it today. I am at work.

Let me know if you plan to sell to someone else.

kman

NJGF Member

• Premier Member
  • 142 posts

Sent Yesterday, 03:22 PM

Let me get in touch with the guy in Jersey City. He's ready to come over right away. If he falls through and the ammo is still available I will let you know.

Destinydog

NJGF Regular

• Premier Member
  • 661 posts

• LocationMt. Olive

Sent Yesterday, 03:22 PM

OK.

Note that in the postings above, I never said to Destinydog "OK, you got it, the ammo is yours". There was never a deal. I received a bunch of offers within minutes of each other. Destinydog told me he will get back to me later today about when he could pick it up, but I never specifically agreed to sell it to him. I advised him that there was someone local who was also asking me about the ammo, and asked him when he could pick it up if I was going to sell it to him. He said he couldn't come that day.

Strictly speaking, I never accepted Destinydog's offer. I never said "I will sell to you". I asked him for more information about when he could pick it up, and he gave me no concrete information. I told him of another offer from a person who was local. I ultimately accepted joemonte's offer, because he was ready to come by and buy it right then and there, and he did.

I didn't back out of the deal with Destinydog because there was no deal with Destinydog. This is really ridiculous. Go buy your ammo somewhere else Destinydog. Stop making drama on this forum.

You are 100% correct, you never said "ok". I was under the impression as i stated from square one the first "i will take it", followed by a pm. means I bought the item. As long as i met all the criteria in the listing.

I was following what i suppose is an unwritten rule which i think many more people follow than don't.

Posting our conversation only further confirms what i had written originally. Not one lie was told.

With this being said this is in fact more like an auction where buyers say "I want it" and the seller accepts the offer that best suits them.

Honestly I don't care about the ammo, its the principal.

As far as making drama i have been on this forum far longer than you, have never had one single issue, and I have bought, sold and given away many items.

I am a man of my word and will continue to be. You can confirm with anyone on here i have done business with.

This is a feedback/experience board and I am sharing my feedback and experience. As long as I have done this without any lies I really don't see a problem with it. Im within the "rules" right/wrong or indifferent, just as you were with choosing to sell to whomever you liked.

Have a good day.