NJCK

Please help me out with estimating value of AR-15

I could use some help in assigning a real value to a built .223 AR-15. It was professionally built by a gunsmith out of Kentucky. It is an A2 with 20” barrel at 1x7, fixed rifle stock, fixed carrying handle, and just irons. The upper is an FN piece complete with marked FNMI MP 5.56 NATO 1/7 barrel, FN marked sight post, and Cerro Forge keyhole on the receiver. The bolt carrier group is CMT/Stag as are the lower parts installed in an LRB Arms lower. Trigger is the standard single stage from the kit, but the gunsmith tweaked it to a super crisp 3# pull! I acquired this rifle as part of a deal to acquire a couple of other guns more important to my collection. I don’t want it, but had to take it because the deal was a take it all or take nothing. I believe I over-valued it in the deal, but was on the spot... Now I would like to understand what it is really worth, perhaps sans the crazy times… There are some folks who belong to my sportsman’s club that want to buy an AR-15 so I can sell it very quickly and I don’t want to gouge and cause any ill feelings. I hopefully will make close to what I paid for it…

FWIW – I test fired the rifle when in Kentucky and it shoots beautifully!!! The rifle has LESS than 400 rounds through it. It belonged to a young ground pounder who is unfortunately no longer with us...

So, what’s it worth? It's with my FFL so I'm not concerned with making it NJ legal as that's easy enough to compute, and a couple members of my club who want it actually live over the bridge now.

Ask yourself this question.... Is it really worth selling? Are you going to kick yourself in the ass if 3 weeks from now they enact a crazy AWB 2.0 and only grandfathered AR's will be kept? and my personal opinion. $20 bucks and I'll be a hell of a guy and give you $30. or go with post above mine.

Ask yourself this question.... Is it really worth selling? Are you going to kick yourself in the ass if 3 weeks from now they enact a crazy AWB 2.0 and only grandfathered AR's will be kept? and my personal opinion. $20 bucks and I'll be a hell of a guy and give you $30. or go with post above mine.

LOL! I actually already own what I need in the AR-15 platform and wouldn't be without. If I didn't, it would be another story!

Appreciate the insight fellas. I don't want to post exactly what I paid for it as I may opt to sell it one or all of the forums I'm active in if those at my club don't want it. I made that mistake before a couple years ago and got low-balled to death because everyone knew what I paid 2 years prior and felt it "fair" they pay no more and forget transfer, etc. Nonetheless, given what you guys are shooting off the cuff, it sounds like I can get precisely what it cost me. It is a very nice, clean, accurate rifle that's vanilla and not decked out in tacti-cool.