Jim Hartman

One Hundgun A Month Exemption ?

Where I live in Burl co I have to go through the state police for permits. I know I have to have the guns at the ffl and have him fill out the paperwork with serial #. Do I then take it to the local barrracks because the guys there are becoming borderline hostill . I know if I bring that to them there going to tell me some bs. Last week they told me Now I can only put on for 3 permits "its the law" . Is this process going to take months to complete?

There is no limit on how many P2P you can apply for, IT IS NOT A LAW, actually it just the opposite from what they told you. I would call the NJSP Firearms Unit and talk with them and see what they tell you.

Post any new info and make sure you pass this problem and info to the NJ2AS.

By the way,, most people that I have read about here on the forum who applied for the the exemption have gotten them back pretty quickly and pretty much hassle free.

Recently?

I have heard 1 to 2 month wait.

Until this last one, it was 3 weeks from filing with my PD to the stack of permits released by them. NJSP would send back exemption approval to my PD in 7-10 days maximum.

My last exemption took 6 weeks, and I just picked up my permits Monday and got the NICS approval today.