MrSurfboard

More worried about NJ restricting our gun rights the I am of the Feds

These "feel good laws" do make a statement to the Feds but when it comes down to it the Federal law, whatever it is, will prevail.

I have to agree with Mr Surfboard to a degree. I don't think it likely but if the Feds reinstituted the 94 AWB, as it was, the only effect it would have on NJ is limiting magazine capacity to 10 rds. What the anti gun crowd in NJ would want to do is only limited by their imagination.

One way the focus can be taken off the gun issue is if liberals find a new crisis "to take advantage" of but I also worry what that crisis might be.

I'd be surprised if you see 100 people there. Depending on what the fed's do, I may or may not go. If the fed's crack down worse than NJ's current laws, then it won't help much protesting our state house; it has to be a DC protest.

Keep coming up with excuses not to.

It's a nation wide thing. If people don't show up, it'll be noted. If you think this is going to be done with gun owners just getting off their ass for one single thing, you are mistaken.

are there any carpools from south jersey heading to the rally?

And Governor Lardo is silent. He's quietly practicing his speech to announce his change of party over to the "D" side.

Highly doubt that. Christie's aspirations are to be a Republican Presidential Candidate most likely.

The reality is, Republican insiders know that the angry-tea-party crap is not going to win them elections anymore, not in the changing landscape of America. They're getting ready for Christie-type Pseudo-Republicans for 2016/2020.

===

And Governor Lardo is silent. He's quietly practicing his speech to announce his change of party over to the "D" side. He has no time, nor inclination, to protect your Constitutional rights.

Christie can't change parties. He knows how the Democrats treat turncoats -- he just needs to look over to Pennsylvania and recall what they did to Arlen Specter.

He needs to walk a fine line, and avoid saying anything that the Democrats can (and will) use against him this year, and doing anything that will anger the red state Republicans in 2016 and beyond. There's really minimal risk for him with his 70% approval rating, and the fact that we already have the 2nd most restrictive firearms laws in the country. As he's a successful lawyer and politician, I'm confident he can do so, if he wants to.

Highly doubt that. Christie's aspirations are to be a Republican Presidential Candidate most likely.

The reality is, Republican insiders know that the angry-tea-party crap is not going to win them elections anymore, not in the changing landscape of America. They're getting ready for Christie-type Pseudo-Republicans for 2016/2020.

They (hopefully) have learned that Troglodite-Republicans don't get elected (and that's why Harry Reid still has his job) but there's a fair amount of space on the political spectrum between that and the Volvo Republican wing.

Christie might do well as a VP candidate with a kinder, gentler (and non-plutocratic) candidate like a Susana Martinez or Nikki Haley (both supported by the TEA Party). After 8 years as VP he's still only be 62 in 2024. (Hillary Clinton will be 69 in 2016.)

(But geesh, I don't care if he joins Weight Watchers, or has gastric bypass surgery -- the man MUST lose weight!)

I would ask why, but i'm sure it's because it's illegal or something

thanks

There is a regulation that says "only US Mail" in mailboxes. I've seen the reg. You can put flyers and such if the mailbox has a separate box for newspapers. I have no idea what the penalty is.

There is a regulation that says "only US Mail" in mailboxes. I've seen the reg. You can put flyers and such if the mailbox has a separate box for newspapers. I have no idea what the penalty is.

so, let me get this straight. The post office owns your mailbox? So, even if i walk up to a mailbox which is on someone's property the post office can charge me with a crime?

so, let me get this straight. The post office owns your mailbox? So, even if i walk up to a mailbox which is on someone's property the post office can charge me with a crime?

The Postal Service does not own your mailbox but sets the conditions you must meet if you want to receive mail. If you don't have a mailbox they will not deliver mail. Ray its not a crime but a regulation that I don't know the penalty for. It may be one of the many regulations there is no penalty for.

The Postal Service does not own your mailbox but sets the conditions you must meet if you want to receive mail. If you don't have a mailbox they will not deliver mail. Ray its not a crime but a regulation that I don't know the penalty for. It may be one of the many regulations there is no penalty for.

What if they have 2 mailboxes? Like one for the USPS and the other for guys like me and Jahova's Witnesses?